New to tuning

V

vmagics

• vmagics

I need to learn how to tune cars in Race07 from the ground up. While I fully appreciate peoples efforts, I have yet to come across a guide which makes sense. For example, to quote one 'beginners' guide :-
- "You want the rpms to be about to bounce the engine off the rev-limiter and you also want to know how fast that gearing pushed the car".
How do I 'bounce' an engine? Am I wrong or isn't a rev limiter something which prevents me from speeding in the pit lane?
- "So now you're going into the garage with some idea if 6th is pegging out early or not winding out tight enough."
What does 'winding out tight' mean?
Every piece of 'beginners' information seems, ironically to be riddled with terminology which is exclusive to those who are already in the know.

I have attached the RaceDepartment Setup Guide which is a simple to follow explanation aimed mainly at WTCC Cars. I hope you find it useful.

Regarding the Rev Limiter, that is the uppper rev limit where the engine is revving at it's maximum and therefore not generating any extra power. If you look at the rev counter it will have a section of the range that is marked in red, that is the point where you should be changing to a higher gear. It's also the point where the engine can be damaged if the revs are held on the limit too long. You should aim to have the car reach the rev limit in the highest gear at the end of the longest straight.

The bit that prevents you from speeding in Pit Lane is the Pit Speed Limiter.

Hope that helps a bit.

Attachments

• RD-Setup-Guide-1.0.pdf
    895.2 KB · Views: 182
  • vmagics

Warren,
Oh good God! I feel a bit stupid now. Thank you so much, this has helped enormously. In good time i hope I can offer help to others. Although for now it'd probably be best for everybody to keep my cack handed noodlings to myself.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.6%