New to this Sim.....and I love it!

So I downloaded this thing about a week ago and finally had some time today to play around with it....and man this sim is amazing!

Definitely not sure how everything works just yet ( like I can't figure out pit stops to re-fuel? ) But the actual on track racing against the AI is amazing! I just got back into playing around with games and sims this past few weeks after staying away from all of it for about 8yrs. I downloaded iracing , the big SimBin package deal at Steam and now this......and I'm extremely impressed with GSC 2012.

Figures though....after i finally got it working ( had a really hard time with corrupt DL files ) and how it wanted to install....I finally got it going. And now I find out GSC 2013 is coming out? Oh well......this GSC 2012 is probably the best $20.00 game I've ever bought! I'll be upgrading to 2013 when possible.

And pointers , mods , tracks , skins or anything like that I can get to make the sim more enjoyable?

Glad I signed up here....looks like a great place to hang out!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, im actually quite new to this sim also, i had bought it some time ago and never drove it,
im still learning the basics and what all the buttons do or that can be used.
if you want to you could always grab your self a licence and come and join us on the servers for some online action..

you can get your free licence Here
i learnt more in my driving online that i ever did offline, we are running a Sunday drivers club, and its slowly getting new drivers, with the added bonus of some of the quick guys passing out tips and setups..

there are other tracks form the modders but im still driving the default ones and have just introduced some mod ones into the events found here

Hey thanks Rupe! This is one heck of a sim for sure. I actually got extremely frustrated on the download because I tried over and over and over to get the thing to work on another drive besides the "C" drive.....but I finally got it working. I will look into getting a License as well....so thanks for the link! Sunday's may be do'able for me from time to time , but I participate in a real moto sport as well which usually takes up a lot of my weekend time. I've got about 35+ years of real racing experince behind me....but it was on the real ground and with two wheels. So this on-road sim stuff is definitely something I need to learn. I'd like to get some serious driving time put in so I could at least learn the basics. I don't want to get involved in doing some races and make a bunch of guys angry with my crappy driving hehe.

Man I'll tell ya what Rupe.....a few weeks ago I plopped down some serious money for the iracing package ( Bought about 8 tracks and 8 cars ) , and even though it's really cool and all......as far as racing goes , I'm blown away with this GCS 2012! And for only $20.00?

How strong is the racing community in the GSC series? Do quite a few people join in on the fun?

Quick question Rupe. In the game files there is a small folder labled as "music" and it has two different MP3's in there already. Can we add our own music if we want to ?

Yes you can, I just tested it by adding an mp3 to the folder. However this is just MENU music, not music that can be played when driving. Looking through the game keys, there is no key to enable/disable music in RACE.

The MENU music appears to be random, but I could be wrong, it could play alphabetically for all I know. Adding one mp3 is not a full test.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back