PC1 new to sim racing (ish)

huy guys and galls, i am new to sim racing on pc, well not really, i just try and practice. i am disabled and spend a lot of time on my pc and i want to get involved with some like minded gamers sorry sim racers, i have assetto corsa,project cars race 07 and some others, my problem is that i am quite shy and find it hard to get myself involved with conversations, but once i get going i am ok. i can drive ok ish (more practise needed). i have a g27 setup, headset with mic and run triple screens with a decent pc. i live in the uk. now, what i would like to know is there any good pc sim racing leagues that would not mind having an old fart who wants to learn to race properly in their community ??. and be willing to teach me. i do not have a life outside of my home so was looking for some help.
any replies would be gratefully received. thankyou

We are running the Driver Academy once every x weeks for starting sim racers and of course PCars is added to the list as well. Voice chat however is a requirement but luckily we don't bite.

In 90 minutes we'll get you up to speed for solid online racing guaranteed :thumbsup:

Maybe the latest group of academy participants can help you to make a decision @Dene Smith, @vbabiy, @Thorrior, @John Grant and @Mondyrocks

Of course our racing club is always open for new comers as well when you are looking for a nice place to race casual online.

Hi @spankthemunkey1

I'm involved in the running of a racing league that caters for the lesser skilled racers among us. I think our oldest racer is 63 so age is no barrier either. It would be bad form to come over to RD promoting another league, but our main racing takes place on Race 07, which has recently been wrapped up around here, so I hope the admins don't mind (no hard feelings if this gets deleted). Drop me a private message if you'd like to know more.

For organised racing on Project CARS, Assetto Corsa and what have you, well, RD is clearly the place to be ;)

Cheers

Hi spankthemunkey1,

I can totally recommend to join one of the Driver Academy sessions. Bram is a really good instructor and explains driving techniques really well. Although I'm not new to sim racing, I never really played online. And for me it was a really enlightening lesson and I learned quite a lot. You also don't need to be shy to get on Teamspeak. The atmosphere there is always very friendly and people are willing to help if you have any questions.

Cheers

Hi @spankthemunkey1

I'm involved in the running of a racing league that caters for the lesser skilled racers among us. I think our oldest racer is 63 so age is no barrier either. It would be bad form to come over to RD promoting another league, but our main racing takes place on Race 07, which has recently been wrapped up around here, so I hope the admins don't mind (no hard feelings if this gets deleted). Drop me a private message if you'd like to know more.

For organised racing on Project CARS, Assetto Corsa and what have you, well, RD is clearly the place to be ;)

Cheers
Hi Bookoi, thanks for the info, at the moment i am trying to suss out which sim/game i really want to sink my time into and try and get into sim racing properly, i do like project cars but it's taking quite some time to figure everything out ( car setups ) and proper graphical settings, i have an r9-290x.
i have assetto corsa as well and i like the way the cars drive in that and it's not as demanding on graphics and processor, i want to be able to concentrate my time on 1 game fully and use the others as just playtime.
i have never raced online simply because like i said in my op, i am shy, you would not think so once you know me, in fact you'll have to gag me to keep me quiet. i will have to learn how to use teamspeak or mumble or whatever is used, that's 1 of my issues with my health, i suffer memory loss with the amount of medication i take so things do get difficult at times.

here are my games/sims
project cars, race 07, gtr evolution, race injection ,dirt rally, assetto corsa, dirt 3
thanks for the reply

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 246 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 163 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years