New to RRRE..

Hi guys, I just bought the tt2015+dtm2015+wtc2015+european track pack...
Any tips for a newbie?
I have a G27 + G27/G25 shifter bodnar adapter + G27 pedals bodnar adapter GTEye spring mod...how to have the best ffb?
What about graphics tweaks?
Pleaseeee help :D

FFB is matter of personal taste ... few settings are here on RD .. you could try settings Billy Strange showed in his video (ISRTV youtube). When setting FFB there is a FFB app you can turn on in game, that will help you set it so you are not clipping. You need to map it to some key/button in controls first.

Other than that:
- use vRPs you buy here: https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=5 for buying content, you will save your money
- you don`t pay for content you already own (if you already own content that is included in some pack you wanna buy, you are not gona pay for it again, price of that pack will be lowered) so you don`t have to worry about paying twice. For cars you only pay 79 vRP for livery if you own the car.
- you don`t need to buy whole pack if you don`t care about liveries .. just pick one livery and save some money. you can still race against all cars included in pack
- you can test drive every car in game as much as you want for free before you buy it
- take a look on CrewChief app (in RD download section) .. certainly worth trying
- if you feel vibrations while steering and you don`t like them .. try lowering understeer effects in FFB
- if you dare to join MP servers with free cars on free tracks prepare for worst and don`t take it as a representation how MP in R3E is/could be
- turn the volume button to the right for extra pleasure

have fun

EDIT: here`s the video for FFB setup, not best for my wheel but could be good for start (you also might prefer not to use 100% FFB through steering rack as Billy is using .. for me it is somewhere in the middle between tyres and steering rack)

Last edited:
I am new to r3e too only got the free content at the moment but im impressed,ffb i cant really help you with g27 settings as i am using a t300 but i will say play about with the settings till you find what you like i have spent about 3 hours tweaking my ffb and its not far off and to be honest its the best ffb i have felt in any sim i have played on i actually feel im in control of the car i can feel so many things that i have never been able to feel in other sims, theres a ton of stuff posted on here and r/r forum about setting it up and its well worth spending some time doing it.

Cant really help you with graphics i have not touched my settings only down side for me is not having triple screen support but i have managed to get it set up to be playable

i need to figure out which cars and tracks to buy now but 1 car i will be buying is the Zackspeed Capri :) omg this car is a beast i have only test driven it about 20 times lol its awesome

i am glad i came across this sim i was getting a bit fed up with the sim i have been on and i think this will be my no1 sim now,

Hi and welcome to R3E. Can I direct you to this thread which you should find useful.
As to graphics, you should be able to run most things at high level but I would recommend lowering all shadows to medium and the opponents cockpits to off, as they are quite heavy on fps.
It's important to set up the wheel for different cars and to save the setup each time.
Why not join us in the RD club, you will always get help during practice on teamspeak.

I am new to r3e too only got the free content at the moment but im impressed,ffb i cant really help you with g27 settings as i am using a t300 but i will say play about with the settings till you find what you like i have spent about 3 hours tweaking my ffb and its not far off and to be honest its the best ffb i have felt in any sim i have played on i actually feel im in control of the car i can feel so many things that i have never been able to feel in other sims, theres a ton of stuff posted on here and r/r forum about setting it up and its well worth spending some time doing it.

Cant really help you with graphics i have not touched my settings only down side for me is not having triple screen support but i have managed to get it set up to be playable

i need to figure out which cars and tracks to buy now but 1 car i will be buying is the Zackspeed Capri :) omg this car is a beast i have only test driven it about 20 times lol its awesome

i am glad i came across this sim i was getting a bit fed up with the sim i have been on and i think this will be my no1 sim now,
Check out this thread for buying tips, and take it from there. Yes the group 5's are wonderful.

If you're downloading crew chief make sure you do so from the proper link. RD hosted an ancient version for ages - I did ask them to take it down.

I've posted here before with the link and had the post deleted for some stupid reason - you'll have to find the link on the s3 community addons forum :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back