New to rFactor 2

Chris

Premium
Hey guys!

My name's Chris and some of you may know me from the Assetto Corsa section of RD. After much fence sitting, I've finally taken the plunge into ISI territory and am looking to learn the ropes of rF2 (as there's a lot to it!) if some of you would be so gracious as to help me out? :) Yes, I still love Assetto Corsa and will still be organising weekly club races with it, however I thought I'd broaden my horizons and get stuck into some serious endurance racing (something that is not currently possible in AC) in rF2.

I've got the game mostly sorted, however there are a couple of areas that still confuse me...

Firstly, is there a way to increase the strength of the FFB coming through the wheel? Out of the box the FFB feels good, however a tad light. Is there a way to increase the strength of the FFB? I'm using a Thrustmaster T300 btw.

Secondly, what are some of the mods that you would recommend that I get? I see the Enduracers Porsche mod has been released so I've gotten that. I know the modding side of rF2 is vast in size, but if I could have a list of the best cars and tracks to get, that would be great :)

Finally, as the RDLMS will be taking place later on in 2016, I am looking to get an all-Australian team together to hopefully take it to the Northern Hemisphere chaps :p If you're interested (and Australian of course) then drop me a message :)

Looking forward to seeing you on track, and thanks in advance for helping out an ISI newb :)

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

I was just going by the comment posted above showing ISI said adjusting this doesn't make any difference. I'm new to rF2 so I'm still learning all this stuff. But like Galin says it feels more complete now, like the blanks have been filled in.
brandon also make sure your minimum is set to zero ...as logitech have .06 minimum. because they have a bad dead zone around the center

It think minimum should be at zero in my opinion so you can feel slip angle. .

Edit: .04 is pretty light though, "butterfly on feather" lol

Hmm, had to try it, what the heck... but I don't feel a difference between the default of 2.5 and 6.0 (TX). I've never had a problem with the FFB in rF2, I've always liked the feedback - torque, bumps, slip, etc.. Maybe there's other variables at work here.

Hmm, had to try it, what the heck... but I don't feel a difference between the default of 2.5 and 6.0 (TX). I've never had a problem with the FFB in rF2, I've always liked the feedback - torque, bumps, slip, etc.. Maybe there's other variables at work here.
what strength do you have in your profiler as 65% = 100% that the wheel can deliver when in game is set to 100% if you have more than 65% you will be clipping....this is for t500 rs as that is the only tx that i have used ..

Does anyone know if this same setting is available in SCE? I always had problems getting some of the cars to work right on my T300 (haven't tried it on the CSW2 yet) and I wonder if changing this setting would have helped?

what strength do you have in your profiler as 65% = 100% that the wheel can deliver when in game is set to 100% if you have more than 65% you will be clipping....this is for t500 rs as that is the only tx that i have used ..
I'm not clipping, according to the app. I'm not one for very strong FFB so I know I don't have things set to strong. I have most every sim available and don't have FFB problems with any of them.
If this setting makes a difference for some, more power to them. I just don't feel the different and according to ISI I shouldn't anyway.

Do any of you CSW guys have the formula rim? When I use mine in rF2 with an open wheel car it rattles like a machine gun (loud metallic rattle) when I go over curbs. Is there a way to reduce that or is it just the way it is? If I add a bunch of smoothing it gets better but makes everything feel numb. With the CSL rim it doesn't happen, probably because it has a plastic cuff instead of a metal one.

Wish my friends played Rf2, I so want to get into this game but have no clue what i'm doing.
I can't even practice on my own without all these many different kind of cars on track at the same time:redface::redface:
What I need is somewhere to join with TS :thumbsdown::whistling:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back