New to rFactor 2

Chris

Premium
Hey guys!

My name's Chris and some of you may know me from the Assetto Corsa section of RD. After much fence sitting, I've finally taken the plunge into ISI territory and am looking to learn the ropes of rF2 (as there's a lot to it!) if some of you would be so gracious as to help me out? :) Yes, I still love Assetto Corsa and will still be organising weekly club races with it, however I thought I'd broaden my horizons and get stuck into some serious endurance racing (something that is not currently possible in AC) in rF2.

I've got the game mostly sorted, however there are a couple of areas that still confuse me...

Firstly, is there a way to increase the strength of the FFB coming through the wheel? Out of the box the FFB feels good, however a tad light. Is there a way to increase the strength of the FFB? I'm using a Thrustmaster T300 btw.

Secondly, what are some of the mods that you would recommend that I get? I see the Enduracers Porsche mod has been released so I've gotten that. I know the modding side of rF2 is vast in size, but if I could have a list of the best cars and tracks to get, that would be great :)

Finally, as the RDLMS will be taking place later on in 2016, I am looking to get an all-Australian team together to hopefully take it to the Northern Hemisphere chaps :p If you're interested (and Australian of course) then drop me a message :)

Looking forward to seeing you on track, and thanks in advance for helping out an ISI newb :)

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

difference of opinion, i have no probel under braking, its just not a canned effect they have added. Ive tried a lot, but with other great sims, as i said rf2 isnt the be and end of all of sims. (it could be). basically in fast grip corners you have too much play in the wheel as if front wheels on ice. It needs more alighing torque to force the wheel back to ythe direction of travel.

Doesn't matter if we call it canned effect or not but when I lock my wheels IRL, I do feel it and in RF2 there is 0 feel through my wheel. Your feel is good by default or you have done some adjustments (perhaps in the json file)
Try the wheel centering settings I mentioned in my earlier post...

Doesn't matter if we call it canned effect or not but when I lock my wheels IRL, I do feel it and in RF2 there is 0 feel through my wheel. Your feel is good by default or you have done some adjustments (perhaps in the json file)
Try the wheel centering settings I mentioned in my earlier post...

I haven't paid attention to what happens when braking but I did notice that when I went off-road it was very numb feeling. I've done my share of off-road driving, it's anything but numb. R3E does a good job of off-road feel, if a bit over the top, but it shakes and moves and jerks just like what you would expect. rF2 basically feels like driving on packed snow.

i agree totally, im quite fond with the brake feedback in Raceroom!

But ISI are proud that the ffb is purely from the physics and arent canned so to speak. Im more for just feeling "real" myself.

Pretty sure the only way there would be no forces on your steering rack is if your front tires weren't in contact with the ground. :rolleyes: If you're moving, whether your tires are rolling or sliding, some forces will be applied.

disagree u couldnt of Locked up in real life. U get a shudder thru the wheel in both road cars and open wheelers l not massive but enough

ball bearings ?!!! but were not on ball bearings were on solid tarmc that doesn't roll under you.

Last edited:
My 25 years of autocrossing and occasional roadracing rarely produced shudder, particularly above 50 mph. Steering typically goes limp. The judder you feel is probably as the tires regain traction.

Let me put it another way:
The resistance you feel when turning the steering wheel is the rubber twisting on its contact patch. Take away the friction, with locked brakes or oil or ice, and you won't be twisting rubber.

I tested it and I get vibration well I did in my 2015 mini cooper S, even with understeer you get a vibration as the tyres scrape the tarmac thru the steering arm..

limp is not the word I would use tbh...your spot on with the twisting thing vo.funny in rf2 I don't feel that at high speed either.

but to be fair most of the forces and vibration you feel is thru your butt n back anyway. the game is trying to make realistic feeling forces thru your hands only, its already in a losing battle.

The resistance you feel when turning the steering wheel is the rubber twisting on its contact patch. Take away the friction, with locked brakes or oil or ice, and you won't be twisting rubber.

I would think the only time there's no friction is when the tire isn't moving or isn't in contact with anything. A locked tire sliding across tarmac produces friction, hence the long black marks left on the road. I too feel a shudder when I lock up my Mini, but then I rarely/never lock them up over 50mph.

Anyway, my complaint wasn't about the braking, it was about how when you go off-road you feel nothing through the wheel. Obviously traction will be at a minimum but there will be plenty of bumps and shakes and rattles and none of that is conveyed through rF2. Well, at least not with my current settings, but I'm still trying to get things figured out.

Dan, a t300, like g27,dfgt etc are lower end wheels, if you guys want the more realistic "heavy" feel,you need to crank Car specific FFB up and maybe a little smoothing, but obviously this will drown out detail (clipping), which some prefer, much more similar to iracing FFB imo.

I prefer detail, as Ive a limited setup, and in Sims you need as much feedback as possible to make up for lose of real world perception,G's etc and I have to sacrifice a good heavy racing wheel feeling, as I have a lower end wheels,(both a G27 and DFGT).

Saying that Ive been very impressed with Makcorps Group C cars, which seem to produce a nice heavy feel without clipping the FFB, I wonder how they achived that.

difference of opinion, i have no probel under braking, its just not a canned effect they have added. Ive tried a lot, but with other great sims, as i said rf2 isnt the be and end of all of sims. (it could be). basically in fast grip corners you have too much play in the wheel as if front wheels on ice. It needs more alighing torque to force the wheel back to ythe direction of travel.

Couldn't disagree more.
In any decent open wheel car, the combination of aero, grip and speed is felt in amazing detail. Becoming so heavy that it's a struggle to push further. If you do hulk it a bit more, you feel the tearing of the fronts like cheese on a grater.

Granted, cars with roofs are fat, heavy and slow and wallow about under extreme loads but the Flat6 has shown similar attributes specifically on those corner types you mention. The detail while sideways in 4th or 5th is astounding and it doesn't even have the tires finished.

Anyone know how I can fix this. I see a track in Packages (says Installed) but the three buttons (Install, Uninstall, Delete) are not available. I searched in my Packages folder and couldn't find it too. How can I remove it? Is this list shown in Packages stored in a file somewhere?

Anyone know how I can fix this. I see a track in Packages (says Installed) but the three buttons (Install, Uninstall, Delete) are not available. I searched in my Packages folder and couldn't find it too. How can I remove it? Is this list shown in Packages stored in a file somewhere?

Ithink it means theres a "mod" that has the track\car listed, mods are the tiny files you DL mostly for MP servers, sort mods in launcher by type and go through the "mods" and see.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back