New to RF2

Slalom823

RDTCC S10 Champion
Hi guys,
I am basically new to Rfactor2 and as such have some questions. I have spent almost all of my online racing on AMS/gsc so there are definitely some differences. Any help or information would be great, and feel free to mention any other tips or advice that I didn't ask about.

-Force feedback settings. Luckily I am not too picky and have found most titles to be fine, but still some adjustments here might be helpful. Any advice for a g25? Most cars seem just fine to me, but I have noticed a few that don't seem too great. I noticed a less than ideal deadzone and just a lack of feel with the Dallara dw12 indy car. Others like the skip barber and howston dissenter are fine. Any tips or advice would be great.

-In regards the the force feedback, I have found the flatspotting to be a little aggressive, and not only does it seem to happen to easily (in my opinion) the worst part is that I think it is trying to destroy my wheel. In wet conditions, a minor lockup can produce some significant flatspotting it appears, and I don't want to have to choose between quitting a race or killing my wheel. Any suggestions? Would increasing the smoothing help? Even if it did though, wouldn't that be dampening some of the information and forces from the wheel? Are there any settings I can do to either turn down the flatspotting to protect my wheel, or can I turn down force feedback during a race if needed? (Of course the goal would be to just not flatspot and not suck so much, but it could happen occasionally) Also, if you run a few laps will the vibration lessen?

-Graphics and FPS. I run a pretty old computer, but it has a good graphics card. I used to typically run 150 fps on AMS/gsc on a single screen with an older graphics card, and now I run 60-150 on triples with a 1060 6gb. On RF2 I seem to run 30-120 depending on the track. I just ran 30 fps (against AI) with the visual settings I had been using (medium-high) and then lowered everything to low-medium-off, and it went to about 50 fps. Any tips on maximizing fps, and is the wheel response or refresh time related to or affected by the FPS? In other words does it make a difference to have 60 fps vs 120? Any thoughts or tips in enhancing visuals? Some tracks seem fine, others just are really not good. I have never cared much about graphics, but some of what I have seen has been a little off-putting.

-Any information that would be good to know regarding pitstops or how to make adjustments etc? Do you need to request a pit so you ensure you have a pitbox? Does it automatically fix damage, can you choose your tires, fuel, tire pressure, etc?

-Also, since I run low settings, I noticed I do not have much of a visual cue if the front tires lock up on an open wheel car. Any suggestions for having some visual cue? And GID hud or something that can flash a little warning?

-HUD, I don't know much about these in general, but it would be nice to have something that is good with fuel and can let me see tire temps, car damage, etc. I hear GID hud is good. Any tips on that, or anything else I should know?

Thanks!

I've dusted rFactor2 off today, I've had it since it was launched and never really touched it much as it just never felt quite right, however today I did a quick 10 lap race with the Honda's on Silverstone and then a wet race with the GT cars again on Silverstone and I have to say it feels (and looks) brilliant now, even the FFB out the box feels excellent, it sure has come a LONG way :D

Does anyone know if there is a way to have a button assigned to remove the track map plugin on screen info while racing? Same thing with the delta timer?

(Key Combinations for various operations with the Track Map)
ctrl + spacebar = opening menu of the track map
ctrl + 1 = zoom of the icons on the map
ctrl + f = stop flickering (loop flashing) in some tracks
0 Numpad (in Monitor of Time) = Hide/Show the Map in Monitor of Time
0 Numpad on track = Hide/Show the Map and changing vision of the map,Fixed/Rotation
alt + arrow keypad = Move the Map
shift + arrow keypad = Zoom In/Out Map
shift + arrow = Zoom In/Out Selected Box Track Map
pause break = add tags to the icons on the map
enter (when the Selected Box are visible in the configuration step) = Hide/Show Selected Box Track Map

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%