New to RBR (on PC) & RD Forum!

Hey lads and ladies!

I'm a new member here and will be building a new PC for RBR.
I am new to the PC world of driving sims, setting up and playing that is.
I have just bought a Pagnian wheel stand and a G27 and am practicing on GT5.
Can you guys help me out with where to start for getting RBR going?

Thanks!

(Sorry to make a new thread if there is already one like it)

I saw this for download from games planet 7.99 pounds. I'm tempted but it does look very complicated to set up and get going.
It`s only look like complicated but it`s not. If you are new to this "game" (read simulator) the harder thing is stay on the road and finish the stage with all parts on the car ;):thumbsup:. If you really love rally nothing should be hard about this. Hope to see you on some of stages.

It`s only look like complicated but it`s not. If you are new to this "game" (read simulator) the harder thing is stay on the road and finish the stage with all parts on the car ;):thumbsup:. If you really love rally nothing should be hard about this. Hope to see you on some of stages.
Thanks, I was meaning more for the mods and RSRBR thing. I know this game is old but apparently it's still the benchmark in terms of physics.

In all fairness to Jim, when I first got into this game the mods did look a tad complicated.

Jim, trust me when I tell you that the mods a easy enough to get going (just please install the came to C:RBR only!). If I can do it ANYBODY can. Rest assured any issues and all of here are eager to help.

As for the game, after doing all the Colin McCrash games and any other driving game, I kept seeing reference to 'rbr'. To my shame I thought this was some sort of hard/software thing until I twigged it stood for Richard Burns Rally... Anyway now that the whole forum has stopped laughing at me I continue...

I loaded it up and to be honest I couldn't make it more than 200m up the road (after being green in every Colin game). I nearly gave up thinking it was crap. Luckily I managed to realise it was me that was crap, and kept at it. It truly is the best rally game by a country mile. Hence this the rally game RD peeps use. Buy the cd, load the RS mod and be humbled by this wee old game!

jc

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing