• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

New to Raceroom

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by ochilbaz, Nov 18, 2018.

1. ochilbaz

ochilbaz

Ratings:
    +2
    Good evening everyone,

Apologies for being a newb but I have a couple of questions....... firstly when I go to setup section I cannot alter very much if anything at all, do I have to download a specific pack or do anything specific to be able to tune? I am really enjoying the game and have spent a few hours the last couple of nights practicing and have come to realise that tyres take a couple of laps to reach optimum temperatures so my second question is...... Is there a way to show the tyre temps in game?

Look forward to getting involved with multiplayer with you all soon

Many thanks in advance
    Baz

2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,596
    What you can tune depends on the car. Not all cars offer the option to adjust everything, it's usually in par with what you can tune on the real car in the series it represents.

Also be sure that you are using the Get Real mode if you want to tune the cars, if I remember correctly, the lower realism modes limit car setup options.

You can not monitor tyre temps in the game. The game sends tyre temp data as part of the telemetry, so you can use external tools/apps to monitor them, but it only shows core temperatures I believe, while other sims usually show surface temperatures. Personally, I would say it's not worth bothering monitoring temperatures in R3E, but that's just me.

3. LoenKilo

LoenKilo

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure about tyre temp. If I’m not mistaken you can see tyre temp in game. You just need assign a button “Data Flip Display Page” and then you can change display information in car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,596
    In some cars, yes (and I kinda forgot about that). I don't think it's for all cars.

5. LoenKilo

LoenKilo

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, maybe you right about that, but for example look on this Volvo 240 turbo: no display in car but it's not problem to show information
    [​IMG]
    That's why I think tyre temp and other information can be show for all cars in game. but I could be wrong of course.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.