New to online racing

I am new to the site and new to pc racing games. Right now I have F1 that I bought a few days ago and love it. I also have an xbox and I play forza alot. I got started with nascar98 on my playstation years ago. I loved that game but then the nascars that came out after starting going down hill. Hope 2011 is good.

Anyway what PC games do you recommend? I like simulation and not arcade style. Also I tried to connect to TS3 but I couldn't find the password anywhere.

Allen

You need to become a licensed member to get the passwords, you can find more info here: http://www.racedepartment.com/application-rules/

I am not too sure about NASCAR games, everyone that I hear talking about oval racing seems to race in iRacing.

For road racing I think rFactor, GT Legends, and GTR/RACE are the bigger titles around here, but I could be wrong.

I rally exclusively so I don't know too much beyond Richard Burns Rally. :)

rFactor is good and the follow up to it (rFactor 2) is going to be available soon (no release date yet). Very good simulation game and several events take place using rFactor here at RD as well as the other titles like RACE/GTR, GT Legends, etc. To find these, go to each games forum once you are a licensed member :)

Maybe I will wait until rFactor2 comes out before I purchase anything. Still trying to get this F1 figured out. Im in my second season on Kuala Lumpur and keep getting killed by the AI. My first season I had them on easy and this season I put them up to intermediate and they are much more difficult.

ON Kuala Lumpur I cant even get a 1:40. I tried different setups with different assist on/off. When Im online, I get left in dust from the start. I dont know how guys are getting so much more out of their cars. All the times in the setup threads I cant even get within 4 seconds of the times posted with their setups. Im using the PC version and have tried my xbox 360 wheel, xbox gaming pad, and my ch fighter stick and pedals. I actually like using my ch fighter stick the best. My 360 wheel is jumpy with 0 dead zone but at 5% there is to much deadzone.

When I do my practice sessions in my season I try to push my car just a bit more to achieve better lap times but I end spinning out. I usually have TC off. If I have it on then I end up going off in grass.

I am new to the site and new to pc racing games. Right now I have F1 that I bought a few days ago and love it. I also have an xbox and I play forza alot. I got started with nascar98 on my playstation years ago. I loved that game but then the nascars that came out after starting going down hill. Hope 2011 is good.

Anyway what PC games do you recommend? I like simulation and not arcade style. Also I tried to connect to TS3 but I couldn't find the password anywhere.

Allen

Welcome mate!! I recommend the Race Series (Race07, GTR Evolution, Race On, STCC) there are many races here for them and there are always good racing and a big community there.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 212 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%