New to iRacing

I purchased iRacing about a month ago and very exited after all the hype. Well here goes.

1. i was disappointed on day one after all the settings, but managed to get something goin.
2. calibration was awful...not sure what i was doing.
2. test drive with solstice rookie car , and man was that an experience....
3. it was like a fly trapped in a house ...all over the place.
4. no setup as a rookie to adjust , do not have any option to tweak the car
5. only one view from inside the car, no option to change view.
6. just played it on day one of purchase ...stopped it after this...

can anyone here change my view and explain how to get past this....

thanks to hear my braggin.

as for iracing handling? I invite my friends over to try it, these are guys that play plenty of forza, GT, and simbin titles. Its hilarious as they attempt to keep the car on track just leaving the pits. I had the same troubles starting out. Now when i play other games i feel as if i'm just tossing the car around w/out a worry.

Its very rewarding when you nail a lap, or have a big save. Every overtake seems to mean that much more, especially as you race against the same ppl over a season (just completed my first season).

Hi guys got a question:

When you sign up and race a series, like say, the Skippy series, which tracks do you race on? In other words, how often do the tracks change? Are you racing the same track for the whole day? The whole week? Or do you race on all the road tracks at random? If so, what exactly determines the track you race on?

in one series one track yes, well IMO if you are trying to be somewhat competitive one week is not enough, not everybody can race every day also, you can always if you want run several series (official ones) in same week + few fun series + everyday there is hosted sessions up to join if you like it, more then enough

Yeah if you run one car. but i honestly end up spending 2-3 nights just running practice sessions and saving one night for the race. Run a couple series and suddenly i barely have time for it all :)

in one series one track yes, well IMO if you are trying to be somewhat competitive one week is not enough, not everybody can race every day also, you can always if you want run several series (official ones) in same week + few fun series + everyday there is hosted sessions up to join if you like it, more then enough

Ahh I see. It appears from your comments that practice sessions are a plenty. If that's the case then that's even better. Plus you *do* have a point....why settle for one car? :)

Hopefully I can get some money this Christmas to finally get into this sim. I'm getting a bit sick of all the rammers and wreckers in F1 2010.

K guys, got a few more questions:

1)Regarding spectating mode, can you spectate races for series that you are not participating in? Or for races that are for licenses higher than yours? For example, lets say I *only* have a D license at the moment. Can I spectate A licensed races?

2)Can I spectate practice sessions? Time trial sessions?

3)Which type of activity happens more frequently....official races, practice sessions or personal hosted "fun" races?

4)Are we allowed to participate in hosted "fun" races regardless of what license we currently hold? Are there a lot of fun races being hosted for the Williams car at the moment?

1, spectating. i think you can spectate hosted sessions, practice, and races, but i believe you must own the content to watch the race (if you dont own the williams, you cant spectate a session with it running). You can spectate races of any Class/license if you own the content tho.

3. Official races are every hour or 2, depending on the series. practice sessions are running 24/7 for most cars. Usually a dozen or so hosted sessions up, that vary from leagues to just one off races.

4. hosted sessions do not have license requirements. tons of williams sessions lately.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back