New to iRacing

A

Alvin Truell

• Alvin Truell

I took the plunge with it Monday and so far I am very impressed. I'm working my SR up but I was wondering if anyone had some tips for the SRF? I want to do a season with it but I can't hardly get around Laguna with it in practice. The Solstice and Legends cars I have a pretty good feel for now and I am starting to push and improve my lap times but that SRF has a wicked tendency to spin and I am struggling to figure out what I am doing wrong with it.

The secret of the SRF is to get all your braking done before you actually turn into a corner.
Also you shouldd keep your wheel movements very small and the transition from braking to accelerating has to be super smooth.
In the beginning I can recommend you to apply little pressure to your gas pedal during braking and especially just before you want to go fully off the brake.
In high speed corners, when you feel you're in trouble, STAMP on the gas. It might feel a little weird at the beginning, but it really helps stabilizing the rear end and can save you from many, many spins.

• Alvin Truell

I did some test runs with the SRF last night on Summit and I made it around the track a few times. That is a fun car to drive, seems like you have to slide it around turns a bit to go fast. I got my SR to 3.56 last night in a TT (from 2.93) in the Solstice. I am glad to get out of that car; it is a good learning tool but not fun to drive.

I did some test runs with the SRF last night on Summit and I made it around the track a few times. That is a fun car to drive, seems like you have to slide it around turns a bit to go fast. I got my SR to 3.56 last night in a TT (from 2.93) in the Solstice. I am glad to get out of that car; it is a good learning tool but not fun to drive.

Actually, it is fastest not to slide at all in this car, but that also depends a bit on your setup.

• Alvin Truell

You know I noticed that the other night. I did my first race int he SRF and took a turn too hot right into the wall. I exited the car and watched the leaders finish the 15 or 20 remaining laps to get an idea on how to properly drive it. Those two guys were running 1:04:***s and hardly sliding at all. I think I need to play with my setup some more to make it a little more stable until I really get the hang of it.

• Alvin Truell

I appreciate the offer but I am stubborn when it comes to tuning; I want to do it myself even if it turns out badly with the idea that I can learn from my mistakes. Plus I feel like I have a decent handle on tuning; I know how 90% of the settings affect the car.

I feel pretty comfortable in the car now. I think the problem was trying to get used to a new sim, a new car, and a new track all at once. I had to slow down and take my time.

I am giving this currently a try as well.... I must say the whole thing is not very intuitive to use.... but anyway.

Am currently try the Spec Racer (is this a Rookie Car or not? Can I enter first races with it?) at Laguna...

First very basic questions, this thing, as per setup, can only change the suspension, correct?
I dont see anywhere information on typre wear and fuel, at least fuel I would expect somewhere....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%