New to GTL and controller customizing

Hia chaps!

Just started with GTL on a windows 10 platform, using G25 steering wheel with full gearbox.

Spending quite a few hours on several different forums, going through a lot of tutorials (theoretics) and starting to feel I miss some basics.

Background:
Windows 10, Retail version of GTL read into Steam.
Got it working with win 7/admin starting.
Enjoyed Flatout games on the computer with the current wheel, running through profiler. Prefer to let that be as it is, untouched.
With G25 preset in games, it won't even be controllable, shared throttle/brake pedal? Really isn't in a proper G25 pedals.
With custom setting, where I detect every axis, all seem working, but two things:

1. Clutch seem extremly friendly, gear 1 works good without any use of clutch at all?
2. Car is very hard to keep going straight, as the force in the G25 keep trying to pull the wheel in either direction (no, not only to the right.) Lika balancing on a edge, the more you turn, the more the force feedback trying to turn further.

Edit: Would be thankful for a start setting of the ingame controller settings as well.

Any pro tips for a newbie? :)

Maybe you figured this out already but about the balancing act, check in the game's controller setup menu for reverse effect or something like that. Tick (or untick) the box.

I had pretty much the same feeling of odd assisted steering when I reloaded GTL on my Win10 Computer.
There is a setting in your Userdata/Yourname.PLR file that you need to adjust to only let the front wheels act on the steering forces. It makes a massive amount of difference to the G25's feel. As for the clutch, it is not really implemented in GTL. There is no penalty for shifting without it. Still, make sure you have autoclutch off - again, in your PLR file.
Try this, the readme explains what steering forces in GTL have been adjusted. You copy paste these setting into your PLR file - under controller- FFB
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=20958

I had pretty much the same feeling of odd assisted steering when I reloaded GTL on my Win10 Computer.
There is a setting in your Userdata/Yourname.PLR file that you need to adjust to only let the front wheels act on the steering forces. It makes a massive amount of difference to the G25's feel. As for the clutch, it is not really implemented in GTL. There is no penalty for shifting without it. Still, make sure you have autoclutch off - again, in your PLR file.
Try this, the readme explains what steering forces in GTL have been adjusted. You copy paste these setting into your PLR file - under controller- FFB
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=20958
Hey, looking for settings and nogripracing has passed away. Anyone willing to share his PLR here?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back