New to game: i have some questions

So i recently bought GSCE and i'm loving it so far, but i have some questions...

I have read the wheel setup guide and the FFB feels great, but i only have one problem. I suck at this game. So i want to know, which cars are best for beginners? and wich mods are a must have for this game? is there a mod to add the skip barber? GT cars and such?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Formula Vee is a bit hard to begin with. Things happen slowly, but they happen very dramatically. There are some threads here about how to drive it. So don't be upset if you end up spinning every corner. With time and patience you will nail it.

I would go with Marcas if you want to have fun right away, but being a FWD, maybe it won't help enough to tame the hard RWD ones. I liked the V8's as soon as I got in them. Both StockV8 and SuperV8. You just have to watch the gas pedal on corner exit. So I would suggest you to start with one of them.

Thanks for the reply Heitor, i tried the Marcas and the new superV8 cars and they are so much fun to drive, but one thing that i'm concerned about and that is the fps in the game. I'm getting over 2000 fps on the menu and over 300 fps ingame( all maxed out), but i don't like the game having so much fps, so is there a way to limit the fps?

Thanks Fabio i will try that :thumbsup:.

But as i remember from the wheel setup guide, the V-sync will affect the wheel sincronization right? I know that the V-sync will lock the framerate to the refresh-rate of the monitor, but is there a way to let's say lock the fps to 120?

I haven't tried V-Sync in a long time, to be honest, so I'm not sure if it always does that, or just in some cases. In any case, you can force a frame rate limit through your graphic drivers (without VSync). It's a little more advanced, so I'd suggest taking a look at this guide:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391492364

If your gfx card is nVidia, nVidia Inspector lets you set a frame rate limit (first option under "Sync and Refresh"). It's what I use, personally. The only downside is that you need to set it again every time you update your drivers.

Actually, it seems the best way to limit your fps, if you dont want to use vsync, is in the game config files. Go to X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stock Car Extreme\UserData, open the folder with your name on it, then open with notepad the .plr file that also has your name. In there, search for "max framerate". Set that option to -60 or -75, so it is the same as your monitor refresh rate.

I tried both ways to limit the fps and both worked fine in my computer :thumbsup:, now it's a matter of taste of wich one is better.

Now i do have one last question, and this is something that enter on the "realism" topic, but i want to know wich cars on this game are clutch or automatic, because as i spoke to s2173 on steam, i do not really know wich car has or not.

If anyone answer this it will be really helpfull for me!:)

I tried the Formula Vee, and oh boy i'm awfull with that car, but it seems fun! You need to use alot of the heel-and-toe technique to get around on those downshifts or the car will nose dive and lose balance, and it's a car that you can easily oversteer if you don't use the throttle correctly.

Its a car that will teach you very clearly how throttle affects your turning. Its less clear in other vehicles but in the Vee you can easily tighten or slack a turn with only power changes and leave the wheel mostly stable. Its very exciting and fun. I often turn more with the throttle than the wheel in the Vee. You can slide all over and throw the car around and you learn about counter steering because the kinds of events that happen very fast in other cars happen slowly in the Vee. In much stiffer modern cars it can be harder to catch onto the changes in the balance of the car and be prepared to react. The Vee with its 60s suspension and crummy brakes and extremely limited gear box is a fantastic learning platform.

The other thing is that the ease with which you can save the car from a slide underpins how important energy conservation is in being faster. The Vee lets you throw it around but thats not very fast. The Vee then makes it much easier to explore the limit because it feels very granular with how slow things change and how easy it is to bring the Vee back from beyond the limits of grip.

best cars to learn? I'd say the V8 touring car (at the end of the day, these are the actual cars of the game :) ) the marcas, f3. That being said, I used to suck at that game (still do sometimes :D) but my advice, a game changer for me especially in open wheelers is push that brake bias forward and lower the brake pressure. Sure it's not quite as quick but it gives you an early feel for the car and you can gradually bring it back. I couldn't complete a lap without spinning, particularly under braking so sorting the bias out makes a huge huge difference :D

I tried both ways to limit the fps and both worked fine in my computer :thumbsup:, now it's a matter of taste of wich one is better.
Vsync will bring the most beautiful picture. Stutter and tearing free. So fluid. I use it for every game I play except simracing where ultimate lowest input lag is my primary concern. Either way, make sure to have max pre-rendered frames set to 1.

If you are new to this stuff then...

Study
Watch the following video and learn from it. Keep it handy to refer back to:

Drive
1. Enable TC (traction control) and ABS (antilock brakes) on high/full and SC (stability control) on low.
2. Drive for a few hours, a day, a few days - whatever - until you get consistent and comfortable and a general feeling of control and confidence with the car. A constant comfortable feeling though, not just the odd comfortable lap here and there.
3. Disable SC but don't touch ABS and TC yet.
4. Repeat step #2
5. Lower either TC or ABS (not both) by 1 level (e.g. high/full to medium).
6. Keep repeating step #2 followed by step #5. Eventually you'll have all aids off.

NOTE: If using the Aussie V8s then make sure to also enable, and keep enabled, autoclutch so as to have the car autolift and autoblip for you. If you want to be responsible for upshifting throttle lifts and downshifting throttle blips then disable autoclutch but for now I highly advise to keep it enabled.

P.S. Feel free to add me on Steam. I'd be more than glad to go online and help you out (or just do some racing if not necessarily looking for help). That goes to anyone and everyone :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%