New to Forza and I Have a TON of Questions!

Based on recommendations I got in this thread , I purchased Forza Horizon 5 from Steam tonight.

Having mostly dabbled in sims rather than a title like Forza, this is completely new to me, so please forgive my ignorance with these questions (in no particular order):

1. How do I switch to cockpit view?

2. Is there any way to bypass, or at least escape out of) all of the cut scenes (which I consider to be BS - Sorry...)? I just want to select a car/track/scenario and drive! (I'm already 45 minutes into the 2 hour Steam tryout and feel that I'm stuck in a role-playing movie. I don't want to spend the remaining 75 minutes of the tryout watching more cut scenes and struggling with the UI rather than getting a feel for driving around the countryside.)

3. My hardware is a TC-PC Racer Wheel and Fanatec Pedals (in separate USB ports). I finally got the acceleration and brake/reverse mapped properly - but the steering feels a bit wonky and I haven't managed to get "shift up/down" and "look left/right" mapped. Any advice on how to do that?

I'm sure that I'll have more questions, but that's all that come to mind right now.

While the graphics are gorgeous, so far I'm not sold on this title. And I won't be unless there's a way to pick a car and location and just drive. Are my expectations that far off base (shrug)? If so, this will go back for a refund.

Any help with these questions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

1 too whatever button is setup for camera views in car and out
2 Not that I know of
3 All in the controller mapping and in Advanced mode which is just another button press to enter, steering feel can be altered in the advanced settings. forza have recommendations on there forza website I believe.

Last edited:
1 too whatever button is setup for camera views in car and out
2 Not that I know of
3 All in the controller mapping and in Advanced mode which is just another button press to enter, steering feel can be altered in the advanced settings. forza have recommendations on there forza website I believe.
Thank you for responding, Paul.

I've gotten the controller mappings, graphics etc where I'm now happy with them. And I got thru the first goal/scenario.

But I'm still wondering whether there is any way to simply pick a car and location to take a leisurely drive?

Thanks again!
Bert

But I'm still wondering whether there is any way to simply pick a car and location to take a leisurely drive?
You just select a car from your garage and drive.
You will start from your last saved location(horizon festival) or purchased property within the game

From what I remember...you can only drive cars that you have purchased

Thank you for responding, Paul.

I've gotten the controller mappings, graphics etc where I'm now happy with them. And I got thru the first goal/scenario.

Thanks again!
Bert
Ultimately, you'll want to purchase the home for 2 million bucks that allows for fast travel. In addition, you'll want to destroy all 50 fast travel boards so that the fast travel becomes free in game. Oh, and I suggest using rewind to efficiently smash the fast travel boards on rooftops.

Second, you need to know that most cars handle like crap until they are tuned. You can buy tunes while in the garage menu. For folks using steering wheels, I suggest tunes by FRF Muka, Ugrundy, DonJowanSong (sp?), etc. Tunes by Attax Johnson, GTsmit, etc. tend to be too focused on record runs and not focused enough on driveability. So, at least initially, look for tunes that advertise good handling or grip. Ultimately, you'll probably even enjoy tuning your own cars.

Finally, if you are a new wheel user... Disable steering assist, braking assist, traction control and stability control. Set it to simulation steering and remove deadzones from your steering, braking and throttle axis. Once that is all done, you should be good to go.

I personally love manual shifting with clutch in the game too even if it slows me down a bit. Give it a try when you feel like going for a cruise.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back