New to AC - Which Mod cars should I get?

hi all, surely you have seen my newbie posts here in the forum, i have only started on the PC recently with AC being my first game. all is still fresh, now I would want to get into CAR MODS.
what cars are absolutely recommended by hardcore AC fans and experienced AC drivers?
thank you all for your help and guidance.

thank you guys very much! been looking around downloaded mods, nothing installed yet.
questions...
1) Sareni Camaro GT3 any good?
2) Corvette C6R?
3) URD EGT packs? (although $$$ :-/ !)
4) any of the Porsche GT3? R? RSR? GT3 Cup good?
5) Bentley GT3?
6) Audi R8 GT3? (mod)
7) Nissan Primera 1999 BTCC?
8) Ginetta G55 GT4?

last question:
how do u figure how and what to run against in the classes? (so many and confused...) GT3, GT4, GT, GTE, other classes? then i noticed stage 1-3? just curious how to know what u can race against with AI?
since GT3 field is kind of unbalanced, of course because of different year specs, but is there a way to fins out? or just put AI@100 and test test test?

The Dorsche/Porsche cup car is the only one of those that is worth installing imo. Many will probably disagree, just because it's a matter of opinion. Nothing right or wrong.

Why dont you just install and try? You can just remove what you dont want, even original cars and tracks are possible to remove if you need HD-space.

The game will choose categories for you when you create a quick race for example. You can choose from those. Exactly balanced is impossible I believe. But it's quite fun driving against high powered cars with bad cornering while youre in a lower powered car with better handling, it becomes a bit back and forth. Just try it out =)

The Dorsche/Porsche cup car is the only one of those that is worth installing imo. Many will probably disagree, just because it's a matter of opinion. Nothing right or wrong.

Why dont you just install and try? You can just remove what you dont want, even original cars and tracks are possible to remove if you need HD-space.

The game will choose categories for you when you create a quick race for example. You can choose from those. Exactly balanced is impossible I believe. But it's quite fun driving against high powered cars with bad cornering while youre in a lower powered car with better handling, it becomes a bit back and forth. Just try it out =)
Tomas, do u have correct links to the cars you recommended?

I've had a lot of fun with the Ginetta in single make races, once I fixed the aero.ini file (delete the data section) and added fonseckers sound mod (his sound mods are all worth downloading).

All the top rated mods on RD are worth downloading.

I just found the Lotus Evora, that is one fun car to drive, it corners like it's on rails, like someone said check out the cars that are pre-installed first. I also found a lot of cars that you download from "other" sites won't work in the latest updates.

As others have suggested
My list:
Cars:
Mazda 787B
Mazda MX-5
Caterham Academy
Sareni Camero
Rover Mini
Nissan 180SX
Shelby Cobra Competition
Williams FW31
CTDP 2009 IFM
MP4-13
Formula Renault 3.5
Ferrari 248
IER mods

Waiting for update:
FC1 W06
FC1 FW37
Honda NSX
Alzen 996
Lamborghini Countach LP500s
Ferrari 288 GTO
Primera BTCC
Seat Ibiza + VR6

Porsche wise theres a gt3rs which seems good, can find at assettoguy.reddit.com,
and the gt3 cup from assetto991.com seems decent but probably not worth paying for unless you are happy just driving it vs ai, i doubt it gets used online much

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.4%