New Thrustmaster Wheel is Direct Drive

If Thrustmaster can manage to sell a DD wheel for under $1000, I might consider buying it. The problem is that they will likely just package the T3PA Pro pedals, (which are just the T500 RS's pedals with a different sticker on it) which I find to not be all that great without modding.

Upvote 0
Maybe they manage to get huge amount of "not the best motor" out there and that makes the price be reduced a lot. I don't need 27nm torque for sure if I can get a DD wheel for less than 1K €

Upvote 0
What would be cool is if they sold the base unit seperatly but that it was also compatible with T500 wheels and pedals. It could be an affordable way to get into DD.

Wishful thinking I suppose.

Upvote 0
From my understanding it will be compatible with the with all the pedals and wheels that are compatible with the T300 and TX bases.

Upvote 0
Good news to hear, if they can pull it off, fanatec will not be far behind. This will bring commercially produced units to the low/mid range market. Good news for the masses

Upvote 0
This is great news for us simracers. Surely other companys like Fanatec wil follow and with a couple more years DD might become the new standard and more affordable for the mass.

Upvote 0
Maybe they manage to get huge amount of "not the best motor" out there and that makes the price be reduced a lot. I don't need 27nm torque for sure if I can get a DD wheel for less than 1K €
The actual motor itself is not the expensive part. Putting it together and making it a presentable package along with the software is where the costs rise. I remember reading that one of the motors on a basic DD wheel costs them something like 80-100 dollars.

Upvote 0
if you are talking a out servo motors, depends in brand...and etc...AKM Kollmorgen if i remember right start at around $550, and even if you go DIY kit with cheaper servos, u are surely looking at $1000 USD approx.

so if TM is entering the DD market, they will want to be competitive, $800-$1200 is my guess. but first thing I would do is check what DD motor is in there. and of course, also in some extend, has to do with the looks of "end user" / "consumer" product, which imho most DD wheel do not look like consumer products, so might be TM who got it right for the mass market.

...shall see what happens.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%