New Thrustmaster T500RS GT5 Wheel!

Brian Clancy

Premium
The first look at Thrustmasters new offical Gran Turismo 5 wheel!

More info to follow and I hope at some point a review! Thanks must go to Johan Top for the original post in the SRH Forum!
*1080º
*About 500€ official price (not confirmed)
*30cm diameter
*7kg weight
*Industrial FFB (Par 150 mNm, 3000 rpm, 65 W, 52mm)

TM5.jpg

TMP.jpg

T500.jpg

The inverted pedals are awesome, just like they should be :thumb: The price however is absurd.

Official wheel or not. I stick to my good old Logitech G25 that works great with the PS3.

Upvote 0
Yeah. You also can use a G25, G27, or a DFGT on the PS3. For way less.
Companies need to know that console racers dont spent this much money on something like that.
And with prologue the DFGT was the official wheel. lol

Upvote 0
Philip Oakley;682169 said:
Wow. Nice wheel an' all, but the price is slightly out, Thrustmasters.

I have this feeling that Thrustmasters make cheap wheels, then Logitech, then Fanatec. I don't know why, I just do.
Because you've never enjoyed Thrustmaster in their best years? The end of the 89's they were awesome. And it's Thrustmaster without an s.
But around 2001 or so they got taken over by a brand called Guillemot, and they just killed the Thrustmaster-image into something low quality.

Upvote 0
Nah dont think so. Console racers are totally different. We simracers spend our money on equipment. Console people spend there money on other games.
If they are aiming for a wheel. They go for a DFGT or a cheap G25. The Fanatec wheel for the 360 was also not a success. If people went for a wheel they went for the MS 360 wheel. Even how crap it was.

Upvote 0
bduddy;682198 said:
Kaz Yamauchi said on Twitter that the price would be $500, not 500 euros. Pretty big difference...

380 is still way too much for a Thrustmaster.

Upvote 0
Ivo Simons;682285 said:
Nah dont think so. Console racers are totally different. We simracers spend our money on equipment. Console people spend there money on other games.
If they are aiming for a wheel. They go for a DFGT or a cheap G25. The Fanatec wheel for the 360 was also not a success. If people went for a wheel they went for the MS 360 wheel. Even how crap it was.

What are you talking about, it was a limited run of 10,000 units of the Turbo S and it has just about sold out. Thats why they have just released another xbox/multiformat wheel the GT2 to meet demand. I am a console racer and I spend money on equipment and I am not alone.

Upvote 0
What i don't understand,

They make a wheel completely for the console. If you look at the steeringwheel you can see all the controller buttons.
They shoulda give us a mod to get different layouts on the wheel so that we can decide to run it for PC or PS3...

Upvote 0
Ivo Simons;682285 said:

???

The Fanatec wheel for the 360 was a huge success : 10.000 units limited edition, completely outsold in a few months. So much so that Fanatec has issued a new version of it : PWGT2, due out in a few days/weeks.

It's true that us PC racers like to spend on equipment though, but more peripheral : cockpits, button panels, rev counters, handbrakes, and for the real ones, a motion sim ;)
That doesn't mean a console racer doesn't want a good wheel, and many sim racers own both a console and a PC.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing