[NEW] Thrustmaster T-GT Steering Wheel

samcar304

Premium
Hello,

The new Thrustmaster wheel was unveiled at E3 and apparently will retail for £699.99 releasing on the same day as GT Sport.

This quote is from an Article on a Simracing news site.

"The company equips the T-GT with its new T-40VE motor. This uses an integrated cooling system that the company calls T-MCE (motor cooling embedded), placed within the motor itself. It claims that this allows for better heat transfer and dissipation than previous models.

The Thrustmaster field oriented control system (T-FOC) uses Hall effect sensors to detect the wheel’s position more accurately than before.

A new feature dubbed ‘T-DFB’ (or ‘depth feedback’) aims to provide further clarity of feedback through the steering wheel rim. Thrustmaster comments that the system will allow users to better identify tire movement and surface conditions. The feature will be exclusive to GT Sport when launched.

Four rotary knobs dot the wheel’s hub. These can be used to adjust the game’s assists on the fly. Likewise, the two mini-sticks will allow easy navigation through menus, in addition to tailoring interior viewpoint positioning and perspective.

The T-GT racing wheel will initially retail for £699.99. This price includes the T-GT wheel base, T-GT wheel rim, T3PGT three-pedal set and power supply.

Thrustmaster has not confirmed an official release window, although the T-GT should launch at the same time as Gran Turismo Sport.
"
PackshotTGT_EMEA.jpg

Thrustmaster-Gran-Turismo-Sport-wheel.jpg

Not sure if I am breaking rules by posting this information here. If I am I apologise and will accept punishment for breaking the rules.

Point taken, We'll just have to agree that we cater to different customer base. We cant be offering DSD/Leo boards and NKK/Knitter switches for free now can we ? Legit CF plates/paddles and CST Encoder's all come at a cost. Also Conversion rate. 140=94 ;)

Credit where credit is due however, for the $$ that's a smokin deal you guys offer. Keep it up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yeah, I agree with you completely. I am mainly targeting people in VR for whom function over form. That said, I would love to be able to do something like you guys. There is just something 'sexy' about proper carbon fibre boxes. :D

Upvote 0
I have watched the 'Inside Sim Racing' review of the T-GT wheel and in the review John compared the T-GT wheel base only to the TS-XW Racer wheel base and mentioned that the T-GT wheel base is better FFB wise than the TS-XW.
Go to 1:25 in video

Upvote 0
This a must be pretty crazy to buy wheel, IMO
Ohh... and the best thing: where is the so called eco-system? ...
Why can't i buy just the rims from the new wheels (ts-pc or ts-wv) ???

Thrustmaster... disappointing!!!

Upvote 0
The wheelbase is interesting, but just as John pointed out in his review, the price is the killer... :(
Not sure what Thrustmaster was thinking, pricing themselves so high with this one...
Can only hope that it drops in price sometime soon.

Upvote 0
with the same 40w motor 20% stronger? :roflmao::laugh: typical isrtv bs...

Question though ......
Thrustmaster could do it in firmware, reduce one products potential output and keep the "flagship" having more power? Err both with the same motor?

Think we need more in-depth analysis to confirm.

Im curious if its a Dayton Puck that does the vibrations and if only GT Sport supports it at present then seems GT Sport is possibly also sending audio for it via USB, mmmmm?

Upvote 0
Question though ......
Thrustmaster could do it in firmware, reduce one products potential output and keep the "flagship" having more power? Err both with the same motor?

Think we need more in-depth analysis to confirm.

Im curious if its a Dayton Puck that does the vibrations and if only GT Sport supports it at present then seems GT Sport is possibly also sending audio for it via USB, mmmmm?
Also, same motor but with different sized wheels on the belt system can produce more or less strength, but it also affects other features at the same time of course (like speed).

Upvote 0
Also, same motor but with different sized wheels on the belt system can produce more or less strength, but it also affects other features at the same time of course (like speed).

True indeed....

I didn't watch the ISR review but you would think from a "community perspective" they would of tried both wheel chassis/motor with the various rims (were possible). Also with one person testing is it really conclusive?

They are, after all heavily sponsored by Thrustmaster but in this, likely comes "guidelines or rules" to what they "can do or cant say/show" in the reviews. This is why I dont really watch them, kinda like you get the "truth" but not the "whole truth" if you know what I mean,lol :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years