• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

New Stuff Galore in Forza Horizon 4 Update

Forza Horizon 4 Season 6 Update 3.jpg

Plenty of new stuff is available now for the Forza Horizon 4 racing game on Windows 10 and Xbox One.

With the Series 6 update now live, players of Forza Horizon 4 now have access to a brand new DLC for the high octane racing game. Adding another new season of racing conditions, new content in the form of new fresh events, new Car Pass vehicles like the TVR Griffin and 1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo and plenty more besides, this is a very decent update to the popular racing game.

FH4 Release Notes:

Skill Streak
This update adds a new Horizon Story to the game, available at level 60, close to the Stone Circle. Jaimin needs to help with difficult problems like “What is the best SUV?” and “Just how fast can you drive an EB110 while NOT hitting anything?” and the question that has vexed the greatest thinkers throughout the ages “Just how much can you hoon in a railyard?”

Seasonal Playground Games
Compete in the all-new Seasonal Playground games to unlock the Global Rallycross VW, the Hotwheels Boneshaker, the Lotus 2-Eleven and a Super Wheelspin.

Seasonal Street Races
Street Scene joins the Seasonal event rotation with Street Race Seasonal Championships, offering great rewards, including Ken Block loot!

Cross-Platform Fixes
  • Various stability improvements
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to access set up manager during from the pre-race menu of a solo event
  • Players in solo Horizon Stories can now see their score in the post-race flow
  • Fixed an issue where the British Racing Green UI would show the wrong targets for multiple chapters
  • Fixed an issue where the World’s Fastest Rentals UI would show the wrong targets for multiple chapters
  • Fixed an issue where the LaRacer @ Horizon UI would show the wrong targets for multiple chapters
  • Fixed an issue in Chapter 10 of Isha’s Taxis where convoy members were kicked back to freeroam after phase 1
  • Improved UI in all Horizon Stories, so now next available star target score is visible
  • Added functionality to view Horizon Story leader boards from the chapter select screen
  • Fixed an issue with a specific tune on the Horizon Edition Caterham that would cause graphical corruption of the vehicle
  • Improved AI behavior during custom routes
  • Fixed an issue where audio SFX would hang during gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where the tram in Edinburgh would appear to shake whilst moving
  • Fixed an issue where players were forced into using a super wheelspin upon leveling up if one was available
  • Fixed an issue where audio could be delayed when travelling to Fortune Island
  • Improved server migration times to help maintain fuller game servers
  • Fixed an issue where selecting a custom route from the creative hub via Rivals caused a hard lock
  • Fixed an issue where severely damaging the Hillman Imp would cause framerate issues
Wheel Fixes
  • Improved FFB by reducing the jolts coming from big load spikes when driving off road
PC FIxes
  • Fixed an issue where there was no music during the initial drive on Fortune Island

Forza Horizon 4 is available on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC now.

Check out the Forza Horizon 4 sub forum to stay abreast of the latest news and discussions around this upcoming new arcade racing title.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

ShredatorFIN

500RPM
Aug 18, 2015
Wheel Fixes
  • Improved FFB by reducing the jolts coming from big load spikes when driving off road
Nice!

Actually my only big problem about the FFB, never thought they actually try their own game with a wheel, and fix it. Still pretty spiky offroad, but change is in the right direction.

IMO you can get okayish FFB with following settings:

- Vibration low (something like 5%) or totally off
- Minimum force 100 (in usual sims this wouldn't make sense, but it gets rid of the otherwise ever-present deadzone)
- Spring 0%
- Damper 0%
- Understeer effect 50%
- FFB overall gain (ingame) high enough, so you'll feel something. With my T500 about 80%
- Rest default

To be honest, I now much rather use a wheel. But I never was that picky about FFB while I always appreciate good FFB like AMS or Assetto. But it has to be really damn bad, for me to pick up a gamepad. Wheel always feels more like driving a car, with more accurate range of steering angles, even if the FFB is less than stellar.

I think the physics of FH4 are pretty good arcade physics. Cars have ludicrous supergrip, but otherwise they feel somewhat logical. There's understeer, oversteer, countersteer, weight shift (on "simulation" mode enabled, assists off) even if you have to go to extremities to provoke it

Last edited:
Reactions: mr Sw1tchblade
Mar 10, 2009
Still no multi usb device fix. Grinds my gears to drive h shifter car with paddles because the don't want to fix this. Especially that it worked in the demo...

ShredatorFIN

500RPM
Aug 18, 2015
Still no multi usb device fix. Grinds my gears to drive h shifter car with paddles because the don't want to fix this. Especially that it worked in the demo...
Hmm I'm using TH8A and T500 without a problem. I can use both depending on car, although clutch won't work unless using the manual + clutch option, but I don't want to drive all cars with stick, so I just pretend that clutch does something (I'll press it out of habit anyway).

I'm able to set custom wheel bindings too, didn't work for the longest time

Follow RaceDepartment