New steering wheel for T300rs

Hi everyone. Need your opinion. I'm using a T300rs for 10 months now and the stock wheel always felt small to me. I only play AC @ SRS (Open wheels, GT and such). I don't do rally or other race styles. I'm looking to the following TM wheels:
- TM Sparco P310
- TM Sparco R383

The one I like the most it's the P383, but I'm afraid that it can be too big for open wheels (for eg) since it's 330mm. The P310 it's not round (so not so versatile), but it's smaller.

Anyone here races with the P383? or with the P310? Can you give me your opinion about the wheel sizes?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I wouln't go for the R383 if you are not into rally or street cars. Consider that it's bigger (more inertia) and heavier (not sure), which is not good for a weak motor such as the one in the T300 base. A 30 cm wheel would be better.

Upvote 0
I wouln't go for the R383 if you are not into rally or street cars. Consider that it's bigger (more inertia) and heavier (not sure), which is not good for a weak motor such as the one in the T300 base. A 30 cm wheel would be better.
I would assume that between the Ferrari 599 and the Sparco P310, the difference in the FF would not be enourmous right? I would much prefer the Sparco one, since it's a 1:1 replica (and I would have a shiny sparco logo on my rig :p)

Upvote 0
I haven't raced the p310, the shape feels strange to me.
I really enjoy driving the 599 with GT cars, and the r383 with street / old cars etc.
I'd say the 599 is an ok all around wheel which feels great at hand with the alcantara.
What I don't like at the r383 is the button layout. So really thinking that I would be ok with an aftermarket wheel and an adapter for that use. Old cars don't have on-wheel buttons anyway..

Upvote 0
The P310's shape make sense for GT or race cars in general for 3 reasons:
1.- You normally will drive these cars with your hands always in the same position (almost like in a F1 car) considering the low turning degree and the driving style required, so it doesn't matter if the rim is not rounded, because 90% of the time you will not touch the top or the bottom of the rim.
2.- The flat bottom of the rim helps entering and exiting the tight cockpit without the rim blocking your legs.
3.- The flat top of the rim helps the visibility of the road, considering that on GT cars the driving position is quite reclined.

Upvote 0
I'm using my R383 most of the time, because I like a bigger wheel with a thicker rim. I did have to increase FF strength from 75% to 90% in the Thrustmaster control panel to get the same FF strength as on my 599 wheel. The 599 is good wheel too, but the rim is a bit thin.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back