New Steering Wheel Discussion

Hey guys, I'm thinking about replacing my ancient (but still working) G25 with a new wheel. I'm tossing up between -

Thrustmaster T500 RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE + Fanatec CSR Elite pedals
Fanatec 911 GT2 + Fanatec CSR Elite pedals + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter

Does anyone have any experience/advice/opinions on any of these combinations? :cautious:

In my opinion in order of preference:

1. T300 + Fanatec CSR Elite pedals + TH8A shifter
2. T500RS + TH8A shifter
3. Fanatec GT2 + CSR Elite Pedals + Fanatec Clubsport shifter

I have owned or currently own a Thrustmaster TX, T300RS, T500RS, Fanatec CSW v2, CSR Elite pedals, TH8RS and TH8A shifters, and I'm waiting for my Fanatec Clubsport CSS SQ shifter to ship any day now.

Upvote 0
I've never tried the CSR Elites, only Clubsport v1s, but otherwise from owning the T300, T500 and GT2 wheels I agree with Blkout's recommendation.

Upvote 0
Nearly everyone I've spoken to that have club sport peddles say they've had issues with them, I was gonna get a set of v2's to use with my accuforce but Im thinking of using my t500 peddles with a standalone adapter, @Blkout your club sport peddles been problem free?

Upvote 0
I would have to say out of those 3 I would be tempted to go with the T300 GTE/Fanatec Elites and perhaps add a TH8A shifter. You won't be disappointed and if you could afford to, upgrade the pedals to the ClubSport v2's.

Upvote 0
Nearly everyone I've spoken to that have club sport peddles say they've had issues with them, I was gonna get a set of v2's to use with my accuforce but Im thinking of using my t500 peddles with a standalone adapter, @Blkout your club sport peddles been problem free?

I don't have Clubsport pedals, I have CSR Elite pedals. I do have a Clubsport CSW v2 wheel though. I've had my CSR Elites for a year now and they've been flawless. I bought my CSR Elites because of all of the problem reported with the Clubsport pedals. I know some people have had good luck with them, but I wasn't willing to take that risk based on the feedback I found online.

Upvote 0
Yeah, Thrustmaster have launched the new leather coated rim and will probably launch the T3PA-Pro pedals in a few weeks (they are already for sale in Hong Kong, see GTPlanet for details and pictures, the T3PA-Pro manual is also on the Thrustmaster support site already if you want to have a look).

I just wanted to add that my own mid 2011 Clubsport v1 pedals have been fine. Only a bit of oil every now and then to stop squeaking, otherwise no issues. Still on the first load cell (but then I have mine set quite light).

Upvote 0
Ok guys, a little update. I wound up getting the t300 + th8a + csr elite. So far everything seems to be going well, it's just going to take a little time to adapt to the new equipment. It's funny how big a part muscle memory plays in racing:barefoot:. Thanks for the advice.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Ok guys, a little update. I wound up getting the t300 + th8a + csr elite. So far everything seems to be going well, it's just going to take a little time to adapt to the new equipment. It's funny how big a part muscle memory plays in racing:barefoot:. Thanks for the advice.:thumbsup:
This is the same as my set up (TX instead of T300). You won't be disappointed :)

Upvote 0
I have been wanting a T300 for ages now, I have the money, I have some Fanatec CSR Elite pedals so i wont have to put up with T300 pedals. Whats putting me off buying it is the horror stories about the wheel... Every time i think about buying it some bad reviews come up on Amazon. I just wish Thrustmaster would make a revision of the T300 fixing the potential issues.

Upvote 0
@Alex Brumpton

There were far more bad reviews of the Thrustmaster TX than the T300 yet there are lots of people that have been very happy with their TX, I am one of them. The T300 has had less negative reviews and honestly, its just about identical to the TX so it makes you wonder has the T300 been improved in some way or were the early reviews of the TX far too harsh because people were pissed that their previous Logitech and Fanatec wheels didn't work on the Xbox One and were simply venting.

Also worth noting Alex, a lot of people just don't post reviews of products. I've literally bought thousands of products from Amazon over the years and never once left a single review even if it was a great product. I was very satisfied with my Thrustmaster TX yet I never left a review at all. Its sort of a well known fact that when people are unhappy they tend to be more vocal about it so its not without reason that the people that had problems are more likely to tell the internet about it where as the people that were happy with their purchase are quietly using their products without caring about user reviews.

Upvote 0
@Alex Brumpton

There were far more bad reviews of the Thrustmaster TX than the T300 yet there are lots of people that have been very happy with their TX, I am one of them. The T300 has had less negative reviews and honestly, its just about identical to the TX so it makes you wonder has the T300 been improved in some way or were the early reviews of the TX far too harsh because people were pissed that their previous Logitech and Fanatec wheels didn't work on the Xbox One and were simply venting.

Also worth noting Alex, a lot of people just don't post reviews of products. I've literally bought thousands of products from Amazon over the years and never once left a single review even if it was a great product. I was very satisfied with my Thrustmaster TX yet I never left a review at all. Its sort of a well known fact that when people are unhappy they tend to be more vocal about it so its not without reason that the people that had problems are more likely to tell the internet about it where as the people that were happy with their purchase are quietly using their products without caring about user reviews.

I think you might have just convinced me to take the plunge. I will be buying one within the next week :).

Upvote 0
I think you might have just convinced me to take the plunge. I will be buying one within the next week :).

If at all possible I always recommend purchasing through Amazon due to their unrivaled customer service and return policy. If you have an issue with your wheel within 30 days, Amazon will take it back no questions asked and even pay for your shipping. Depending on what country you live in, you may know of other online retailers or brick and mortar stores that will give you the same service, if so, go without whoever's cheapest, but if you're concerned at all about the reliability of the wheel, go through Amazon or an equivalent retailer.

Upvote 0
I second the Amazon statement.

Also, the only major differences between the TX and the T300 are:

Console compatibility - TX=Xbone, T300=PS4 & PS3
Degrees of Rotation - I believe the TX is 900 and the T300 has 1080

I have the TX and have never had a problem. Wheel is super smooth and plenty strong. I also have the GTE wheel rim and I love it. I am also proud to announce that, just today March 17th, 2015 (St. Patrick's Day)... I received my F1 add-on wheel. It is awesome!

Going to get on pCars later tonight and run several laps in the FG1000 and the Formula A car.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years