New Spa-Francorchamps shots

Just saw this on Marco´s FB page and thought I´d post it here since it´s showing a bit of Spa...can´t wait to race there! :D

Working on Assetto Corsa : Alfa Romeo 4C@ Spa-Francorchamps circuit testing some of new graphics assets (new tarmac, curb and carbody shaders). Just to avoid any misunderstanding, let me mention some info about dev status: car at 40% (exteriors 70%, interiors 10%, physics and sounds as placeholders), circuit at 80% (anyway this one is scheduled for release within the 1.0, not in the Early Access program).

Have a nice day

10553837_10202531006270364_5089261495283775684_o.jpg

@Pedro Cunha

You can turn off DoF if you don't like the blur effect.
I'd prefer to turn it down, or better yet if they don't go so OTT with it. When it's not overdone it looks great, but there are times when everything but the drivers head is blurred out, the roll cage bar on the 98T is half blurred and half in focus in my replays.

When there's too much of it it's like a tilt shift effect or looking at toys.

I keep mine on low setting but I don't like that it applies the effect before the race starts when the camera is panning around the vehicle. There's no reason to have any of that blurred when the camera is that close to the vehicle.

I keep mine on low setting but I don't like that it applies the effect before the race starts when the camera is panning around the vehicle. There's no reason to have any of that blurred when the camera is that close to the vehicle.
The DOF setting is for the quality, not the amount that's applied. Unless that's a translation mistake.

Hmm, not sure. I assumed it was the amount applied. Either way, no matter which setting you use, it still shouldn't be applied when the camera is rotating around the car before the race starts.

At least DOF can be turned off but what i really don't like is the amount of "early clipping" of details on the cars. Details disappear/appear imo much too early, think it looks very ugly when it is so clearly removed/inserted again and so close to the camera.

Am I being picky now or does it bother someone else too? ;)

(This has not happend in the lastest release though, it has been so for a long time.)

At least DOF can be turned off but what i really don't like is the amount of "early clipping" of details on the cars. Details disappear/appear imo much too early, think it looks very ugly when it is so clearly removed/inserted again and so close to the camera.

Am I being picky now or does it bother someone else too? ;)

(This has not happend in the lastest release though, it has been so for a long time.)
Not just you, it annoys me that you can so clearly see the details on the cars pop in and out. Other games seem to manage LOD fairly seamlessly, I'm fairly certain though that it will be addressed before 1.0.

Keep in mind that Kunos stated that the new graphics features are still being tested. Every new addition is going to have some wrinkles to be ironed out. In times past, we wouldn't have such access to titles at this stage of development.

I got to do some testing with my setup and the graphics yesterday and I found that either my cards are inefficient (which I doubt) or some of the graphics features need quite a lot more optimization.

For instance with 15 cars at Gentrack1 I found that I can run a constant 60 fps with 4x AA, 16x AF, faces set to 4 and cube map set to static. When I turn on post processing I lose quite a bit of performance with no increase in graphics card usage. Sometimes it drops in usage. Setting Cube maps to 1 is hit or miss and really struggles with smoke.

I got to do some testing with my setup and the graphics yesterday and I found that either my cards are inefficient (which I doubt) or some of the graphics features need quite a lot more optimization.

For instance with 15 cars at Gentrack1 I found that I can run a constant 60 fps with 4x AA, 16x AF, faces set to 4 and cube map set to static. When I turn on post processing I lose quite a bit of performance with no increase in graphics card usage. Sometimes it drops in usage. Setting Cube maps to 1 is hit or miss and really struggles with smoke.

What GPU and CPU do you have? Triples?

Post processing is more intensive than before. I'm not saying that they can't afford to do more optimizations but without a doubt, this new graphics update has caused everyone to take a framerate hit unless you completely disable PP.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%