New Sounds in iRacing: coming May 2013

I like the improved exterior sounds overall but, it will be interesting to hear how they work in terms of environmental effects. It does seem as though the cars approach vs. departure volume and duration still need improvement - they are too much alike IMO. It's hard to tell for sure from the videos though.

Most of the cars internal sounds are untouched by this update right? I'm still rookie so I haven't experienced many of the cars yet, but while the ones I have tried sound good they still have a wee bit left until they sound like the R3E cars (that Saleen S7 gives me the chills).

Cockpit sounds aren't changing, it's just the sound of other cars, and the exterior camera views.

The best reasoning I've heard on this is that since it's related to how they record the sounds, there isn't much more that can be improved internally with your head being in a known position and they presumably already placed a mic in the driver seat.

Cockpit sounds aren't changing, it's just the sound of other cars, and the exterior camera views.

The best reasoning I've heard on this is that since it's related to how they record the sounds, there isn't much more that can be improved internally with your head being in a known position and they presumably already placed a mic in the driver seat.

I think that most of the interior sounds are excellent already TBH, it's mainly the exterior sounds that were not up to task. After hearing the new V8 exterior sounds, I would say that they are really good now and I like the increased exhaust volume once the car has passed even better than in RRRE. With a little more tweaking of the environmental FX at Road Courses and greater downshift volume in iRacing - it will be hard to beat. Nice improvement for sure.

I second that. That RRRE is very very close to the real thing, adds immensely to immersion. Still,
iRacing's DP, Vette and the V8SC are quite impressive already.
I think that iRacing has captured the "Raspiness" of the V8 exhaust a little better than RRRE but, both titles have their own positive aspects too. Both still need to find a way to bring out more intense downshift/engine braking FX and sound reflection.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%