New Site Errors, Bugs & Improvement Thread (version 4.0.7.)

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Spotted any bugs with the newest forum software? Dump it here please and we will fix it.

When I got to RDTV player site, there is problem with menu at the top line - in IE8 too

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 258
considering that the problem doesn't seem to be with JS and the way it interacts with the DOM, and more to do with the way the browser interprets iframes and static elements. I don't really see what acid3 can say one way or the other.

Im not saying Opera isn't good I love their mini product (<0.2%) which I use daily on my phone. Firefox accounts for almost 50% of hits to RD, followed by Ie at 30% then chrome (15%) and opera (6%) bringing up the rear so when things come down to time priorities have to be made.

We do test changes in Opera as well as the other browsers mentioned above but when subtle things like that show up that don't massively impact the usability it isn't always a good place to concentrate our limited resources. I hope you can understand this decision :).

That sort of thing usually comes down to subtleties between implementations and the tabbed menu system is a 3rd party mod too. I think it's fair to say the original developer either chose not to check in opera or not to fix, maybe he didn't even come across it at all. I would like the site to be good in all browsers, that is for sure but I don't have time at the moment to look into it as there are few other things that of higher priority at the present time.

I don't know if it's about me or not. But Racedepartment went slower after the last update. Other websites open as usual but RD's page loading and replying post times are increased. Maybe just me tough...

The old upload bug is back. After the upload is just goes back to main screen en the file isnt uploaded.
Also i cant see the comments on the frontpage again. Its says 15 but i can see the one i posted. Cookies are cleared. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%