New sim PC, opinion needed.

;) i exagerated a little.
I didn't have 100 updates ! It was just to say that there was some of them.
What was strange in this case is that my graphic cards have been well recognized, a recent drver have been installed (June 2018), but i could not upgrade. I always don't understand why i can not install the last driver from nvidia website but can install this driver with geforce experience. The only difference is that i had to create an acoount :whistling: i hate such method.

Important for me now is that i can keep on with my new pc configuration, install games etc... playing is all that count :laugh: the pc itself is just a box
Over the last years nvidia got some problems with updating... I don't use geforce experience so I always chose custom install and then deselect everything but the core driver as long as the rest had the same version.
Then at some point it started to either not install the driver, uninstall the driver or uninstall other parts like physx etc.
Since then I always just use the default or just not update at all as I never experienced any performance boost for games older than one year.
I guess something similar happened to you!

One way would've been to use ddu to wipe windows off any gpu drivers and then install it freshly. The mild way would've been to just uninstall the driver from the system manager.

Doesn't matter now anyway, you got it done :)
Hope you like playing everything on max settings with your ultra wide screen :D

I could try some benchmarks with assetto corsa today.
With max settings , special FX etc...., + AF 16x and sparse grid supersampling 8x (nvidia inspector), the benchmark runs at about 110 FPS. (2560×1080 , 34")
It looks then splendid and totally fluid with gsync on.
It is like a dream. (I am personally not sure if it looks better with or without filters )

Of course ,without hdr ,fps are immediately at 140 fps. If if reduce some more , i can easily have about 200 fps, or even 300 with " compromise ".
Just to mention that i can have everything between 100 and 300 fps depending on the situation (hotlap or online racing). It is exactly what i wanted and i am vety happy :D
Of course no ovrrclocking at all at the moment. And the pc is incredibly quiet, even at full charge. I am very surprised with that.

It also means that i have probably some reserve for the next generation simulations

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%