New set of Wheels, your opinion

Hey

In March i will be relocating my wife and Pooch from Australia to the UK, i have been thumbing pages of car mags for the best car for the conditions over there. I tend to have to drive alot and i will be driving into Europe via, ferry or the Immigrant Hole ( channel Tunnel i think its probaly called ), so lots of driving and i have to drive to places a normal car wont go, forests, sides of hills ect ect.

so I chosen the below and your thoughts please, i currenty run a Toyota Landcruiser, bit ugly i know.

Anyway here is my new ride..

Land Rover has announced the release of the new Discovery 4 'Landmark' Limited Editions in January 2011 featuring Black and White colour themes.
The Landmark is available in Santorini Black or Fuji White colour schemes. A high-specification Taurus interior leather comes in either Ebony or Ivory. Offsetting the Grand Ivory veneer with a contrasting top stitch creates a two-tone look.

The exterior features a Santorini Black finish grille vanes, gloss black 20" 5-spoke diamond-turned alloy wheels, privacy glass, and Satin Black extended roof rails that create a unique side silhouette.

Powering the new Discovery 4 'Landmark' Limited Edition is a 3.0-litre SDV6 twin turbo diesel engine that produces 180kW and 600Nm of torque.

Land-Rover-Discovery-4-Landmark-special-editions-interior.jpg2011-Land-Rover-Discovery-4-Landmark-Limited-Editions.jpg

Im gonna get the Whole side and rear rear blacked out too, its only got privacy glass from behind the B post :frown:

Hi Chris. Get the vehichle you want, just dont make it look like a "dealers ride" dont black out your windows keep factory rims on it, My girlfriend has her dads 2006 Nissan Pathfinder at the moment, its got blacked out windows body colour is black. We had truck for three weeks now and i've been pulled over when i'm driving two times now.the cops are checking to see if im a dealer. they run me through their data base see that im not wanted and send me off on my way. Its a real hassle,i just get my girl to drive. Never have this problem in my Skyline.I would drive Skyline more often but my GF doesnt like being passenger in car.we drive on wrong side of road for RHD cars so oncoming traffic sorta unsettles her. Making left turns at intersections is challenging at times.

Hi Chris. Get the vehichle you want, just dont make it look like a "dealers ride" dont black out your windows keep factory rims on it, My girlfriend has her dads 2006 Nissan Pathfinder at the moment, its got blacked out windows body colour is black. We had truck for three weeks now and i've been pulled over when i'm driving two times now.the cops are checking to see if im a dealer. they run me through their data base see that im not wanted and send me off on my way. Its a real hassle,i just get my girl to drive. Never have this problem in my Skyline.I would drive Skyline more often but my GF doesnt like being passenger in car.we drive on wrong side of road for RHD cars so oncoming traffic sorta unsettles her. Making left turns at intersections is challenging at times.

I dont recon its going to be a issue, the LR is pretty common in England and most people dont deal in drugs, besides ill be using it for work so ill just take my chances, besides the cops wont like my radar detector so ill have to run the gauntlet with that anyway.

Oh and im only blacking out the back behind the B post to hide my stuff, and the side will have to conform with Uk law, besides the whole car looks sweet at it is the 20'' wheels are standard on it and the body work is all color coded.

looks fine to me the way it is

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back