New Season

New season starts tonight. Has anyone given a thought of what you might run this season? I'm thinking the Indy car and maybe the DP for my main rides this season. I may change the DP for the radical. I really loved that car in the Race On titles but have probably not put in a total of 30 mins in it on iracing. The vette did cross my mind... briefly. So what are your plans?

Took a good while for me to get the understanding of it. But after 45 laps I can safely say I am ready to go official with this car.

I struggled early on only to find out that while downshifting I had a heavy right foot. That stopped me from blipping the throttle. When downshifting your right foot should be completely off the throttle and blip just when you press on the gear shifter. Takes a few tries but lap after lap I improved until I can blip without hesitation.

The Vette is certainly on my list of cars to run this season. So much so that I have been working on a skin for it. Please keep in mind that this is a WIP in all sense of the words.

my_vette.jpg

my_vette_1.jpg

I can't choose for sure but I'm also thinking about the Indy, Star Mazda, Skippy (now that I can drive it somewhat). The F1 will also be at the top of my list. DP is on the maybe list as well as it is fun to drive to say the least.

I've just done some laps with Fixed Vette and I am eyeing this aswell. Great thing about it is once you are consistent with the car its all fair n square in regards to the setup. Decisions decisions...

Joe skins look great.

Same as Abdul. I think I'm gonna go with the Riley DP for this season. Before the new build came out, this car has been collecting dust in the garage. But put in some practice in the night at Sebring and tonight did some practice at Watkins Glen and this thing is a blast. This'll be the first time I'll be racing in Mixed Class races. Any tips or suggestions on what to do when you come up on a Mustang thru the corners? What's the racing etiquette?

If I do any official i-racing sessions its going to be waiting for the new Impala-B class car me thinks, i still like ovals the best.
Maybe the odd race here and there in an GT or Openwheeler all depends on time wich is at a premium.

So mostly i be doing the hosted events but not much official stuff.

Now got my green stripe on road, which opens doors to new series and vehicles to dabble with. Oval is still on Orange, but I hardly run any races if I'm honest.

Not sure if I'll commit fully to any series, due to time, but may on occasion run some Dallara Indycar which to me is like the Star Mazda's big brother, lol. Will still run MX-5 and also Star Mazda as and when, and not forgetting involvement in just about anything RD throw our way, lol.

Next few months will be a 'getting to know you' period, as I already have all the cars but didn't have the appropriate stripe to warrant running some, but now that time has come.

I'll be racing the Falcon this season, had a break from it last but cant wait to get back into it now :) And Phillip Island!! what a track to kick things off at :D I'm slow as hell though but its all about the fun for me.

Same as Abdul. I think I'm gonna go with the Riley DP for this season. Before the new build came out, this car has been collecting dust in the garage. But put in some practice in the night at Sebring and tonight did some practice at Watkins Glen and this thing is a blast. This'll be the first time I'll be racing in Mixed Class races. Any tips or suggestions on what to do when you come up on a Mustang thru the corners? What's the racing etiquette?

Your best bet is to let the 'Stang take their line and not to force your way through, too often I've seen DP's force their way through and spin out themselves and the 'Stang. If you take your time to make a clean pass you'll do best, I've often been 5 seconds behind the car infront and made all 5 seconds going through traffic slowly and carefully, if you start forcing and diving through your going to make a lot more mistakes and lose a lot more time, rather than gaining. You also have to be aware of the nature of the 'Stang and how it has to take corners. I'll give you some examples from Watkins;

The long right hander that loops back to form the cup circuit; don't bother trying to sling it up the inside of a 'Stang, the 'Stang will always drift wide and its a lot more difficult for them to hold the outside line that it will be for you in the DP, best bet there is to go carefully around the outside and then clear the 'Stang on the exit. The same scenario is true of the final two corners, the 'Stang needs all the road, so unless they've seen you coming and you are able to go up the inside with plenty of time, don't bother.

The first turn is the best bet, the 'Stangs have to brake around 200m out, in the DP you can hit your mark somewhere around 150m and make the corner quite nicely, even if you don't manage it, the run to the esses is long enough to get past any 'Stang within 1 or 2 seconds of you.

But you'll get the idea the more races you run, you'll get your confidence up and you'll work out how the 'Stang drivers take their corners and then you'll know when and where it is best to pass.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What am I going to run this season, really not sure, I was competitive in the DP's last season, took 3rd in division three with 4 drops weeks which was pretty good, but toward the end of the season I was really getting annoyed by getting taken out by other cars who were racing without any practice. That being said I do plan on doing select DP races this season, Watkins being one of them

As for my main seasons, NASCAR Trucks and the V8 Supercars and a couple of Indy races, we'll see what happens when the Nationwide comes out, I'd rather run that than the trucks. I'm going to try and not overstretch myself as I did last season, I don't think I'll have the time to do that anyway seeing as I start back at work in a little over a week :(

Grand Am for me, GA premier, few Mustang only races, few Truck races (nothing shorter then 1,5 mile), probaby few tries of new Nationwide on NTM, then Skip probably and then if I have some time left would like to run few Jetta/MX5 races

yep, I forgot also will try as many as possible GT/Proto in Radical

of course not to forget anything happening on Sebring night

:zip:

almost forgot, all RD events :redface:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back