New Router help

Paulo Ribeiro

Animals and Racing Lover
After 2 weeks without internet at home, sometimes only had it for 5 minutes
and making some research and talking to a few people, even with my ISP provider, my old (4 y.o. Lynksis) router must be replaced. I did it yesterday after a 1 hour spent in the shop chosing a new one.

Belkin N Wireless Modem Router
4074-FUL1F5D863101.jpg

A friend of mine, helped me to configurate it. But....despite my average connection speed went from
54mps on the old Lynksis to 150mps on the new Belkin, they say that can go untill 300mps...
which made me happy, I can't get wireless feature working. Better, I can make wireless working,
if I don't lock the line to avoid external attack. Which means that if I let the line open, I can surf
with wireless. As you all know, when I race online, I use a cable for more stable connection,
but when I'm not racing, I don't want a cable on the flor (two with my daughter's one).
Any of you has or had this very same router and help me to setup it well, please?
The ISP provider don't help me, because they only help who have their modem.

At least, last night I was surfing well (and with even more speed)
smiley.gif

Thanks in advance. By the way, as some of you already know, I'm a complete PC noob, unfortunately. :doh2:

Cheers

P.S. Forgot to say that, when I have the line locked while wireless, I get the info:
"internet connection limited/inexistent/absent" :sarcastic:

Hi, a question for you....

I assume you are using a desktop PC? If so, you must have some kind of receiver connected to it to be able to receive the wireless signal, what do you have?

It is possible that your old receiver is not compatible with the belkin router (I have had loads of problems in the past getting Belkin equipment to talk with wireless network equipment made by other companies (especially Linksys and Netgear). This would explain why you cannot get a wireless connection to work, but you can when it is "Hard wired"

Hmm i had this problem.

Paulo does it say joining network and then says failed?(Mine did that because of the password) Maybe the password secuirty you have enabled (Wap or some other thing) Is not supported by your network card.

Hi Paulo. Can u access the router from ur browser by typing 192.168.2.1? Log in without entering password.Under Wireless click on Channel & SSID. Check if "Broadcast SSID" is ticked.

if I don't lock the line to avoid external attack. Which means that if I let the line open, I can surf with wireless.

Some scrennshots from your configuration panels
should be helpful like this,

wlan router

- nat security
- generall wpa & encryption settings
- network settings for wlan
- enable MAC table
- SSID visibly & name settings

xp client wlan
- wlan network adapter settings
- SSID name
- authentication & encryption phrase or key

erase the first 2 octet from your ip configs (192.168.100.1) = (***.***.100.1) if you want send really some screenshots :chuck:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%