As long as they don't make any existing bikes in R2 into DLC, I'll be getting this one too. I hope they release some 1950's Moto GP bikes like the 1957 Moto Guzzi Galbusera V8.

moto-guzzi-v8.jpg

Ride 3 1.jpg Ride 3 2.jpg Ride 3 3 .jpg Ride 3 4.jpg Ride 3 5.jpg
Check out the new gameplay footage from upcoming Milestone bike racer Ride 3.

The 'Ride' series of games from Milestone Italy seem to have gathered a bit of a cult following with gamers keen to enjoy their thrills on two wheels, reportedly performing admirably as both a realistic experience in the saddle and also a very decent bike collecting platform in the first two instalments of the franchise.

With Ride 3, Milestone have taken the brave and ambitious decision to flesh the game out yet further in seemingly every aspect - from core improvements to both graphics and the game physics, right the way through to securing some exciting manufacturer licences and expanding both customisation and bike collection options within the title.

In Ride 3 the goal is much more than just the experience on the open roads. Players are encouraged to purchase bikes in game and perform customisations to develop their machines into something unique and specific to the rider. From livery editor to the ability to "customise every single component", Ride 3 promises to be potentially the most comprehensive bike themed game produced to date.

Once you've got a bike or two customised and ready to go, Milestone have promised players no less than 30 circuits / locations on which to ride. From famous Grand Prix tracks to country roads, produced from drone scanning data, the initial release of Ride 3 should at least offer plenty to keep new players entertained for a good while into the early lifecycle of the title.

Also new for Ride 3 is a completely overhauled career mode. Now featuring a "totally new single player experience", the career mode in Ride 3 will be a "new volume-based system will allow you to collect and read more than 50 magazines" Sounds good? "Each will bring its own unique playing experience, allowing to access many details and anecdotes about the bike world that will enhance your RIDE 3 enjoyment".

Judging from the new video released today, it certainly looks like Milestone are heading in the right direction...

Ride 3 is expected to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC November 8th, 2018.

Get ready for the upcoming Ride 3 sub forum for all the news and chat around this new game. While our resident forum building technical elves make stuff happen, feel free to pop into the Ride 2 forum and say hi!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you like the look of Ride 3? Have you enjoyed previous editions of the series? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me that these game developers think a biker, travelling at 120 mph on a fast loud bike can hear the rain drops on the road. :D

I know there is a few Milestone haters around and Milestone have released a few questionable titles. But I must say this is looking good, really good. To date we (me) are still waiting for the first bike sim/game to support VR , sadly no mention of VR here, so again it looks likes another bike sim/game with no VR, this of course does sadden me. I can not also help feeling, it is a huge lost opportunity for Milestone, I must say it confuses the hell out of me...but then I am no coder, maybe it is very difficult and time consuming to implement :confused::(

I will buy this title for sure, if things keep heading in the right direction and certainly looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Thank you Paul for another excellent review :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.6%