New Ride 3 Gameplay Footage Revealed

Ride 3 1.jpg Ride 3 2.jpg Ride 3 3 .jpg Ride 3 4.jpg Ride 3 5.jpg
Check out the new gameplay footage from upcoming Milestone bike racer Ride 3.

The 'Ride' series of games from Milestone Italy seem to have gathered a bit of a cult following with gamers keen to enjoy their thrills on two wheels, reportedly performing admirably as both a realistic experience in the saddle and also a very decent bike collecting platform in the first two instalments of the franchise.

With Ride 3, Milestone have taken the brave and ambitious decision to flesh the game out yet further in seemingly every aspect - from core improvements to both graphics and the game physics, right the way through to securing some exciting manufacturer licences and expanding both customisation and bike collection options within the title.

In Ride 3 the goal is much more than just the experience on the open roads. Players are encouraged to purchase bikes in game and perform customisations to develop their machines into something unique and specific to the rider. From livery editor to the ability to "customise every single component", Ride 3 promises to be potentially the most comprehensive bike themed game produced to date.

Once you've got a bike or two customised and ready to go, Milestone have promised players no less than 30 circuits / locations on which to ride. From famous Grand Prix tracks to country roads, produced from drone scanning data, the initial release of Ride 3 should at least offer plenty to keep new players entertained for a good while into the early lifecycle of the title.

Also new for Ride 3 is a completely overhauled career mode. Now featuring a "totally new single player experience", the career mode in Ride 3 will be a "new volume-based system will allow you to collect and read more than 50 magazines" Sounds good? "Each will bring its own unique playing experience, allowing to access many details and anecdotes about the bike world that will enhance your RIDE 3 enjoyment".

Judging from the new video released today, it certainly looks like Milestone are heading in the right direction...

Ride 3 is expected to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC November 8th, 2018.

Get ready for the upcoming Ride 3 sub forum for all the news and chat around this new game. While our resident forum building technical elves make stuff happen, feel free to pop into the Ride 2 forum and say hi!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you like the look of Ride 3? Have you enjoyed previous editions of the series? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

Andy_J

I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It never ceases to amaze me that these game developers think a biker, travelling at 120 mph on a fast loud bike can hear the rain drops on the road. :D

Damage Inc

500RPM
Looking pretty damn good, Macau at night looks awesome. Just needs a full on sim mode for those that want it. Oh and a revamped PP mode as it was bunk in Ride 2, RSV1000 Vs supersports? Yeah that's fair!!

Rui Santos

500RPM
Despite it looks "arcade" the physics look a bit more realistic and the AI behaviour looks way better than in MotoGP titles...

Craig Dunkley

9000RPM
Staff
Premium
I know there is a few Milestone haters around and Milestone have released a few questionable titles. But I must say this is looking good, really good. To date we (me) are still waiting for the first bike sim/game to support VR , sadly no mention of VR here, so again it looks likes another bike sim/game with no VR, this of course does sadden me. I can not also help feeling, it is a huge lost opportunity for Milestone, I must say it confuses the hell out of me...but then I am no coder, maybe it is very difficult and time consuming to implement :confused::(

I will buy this title for sure, if things keep heading in the right direction and certainly looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Thank you Paul for another excellent review :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Damage Inc

500RPM
They got the Monza 1st Chicane correct this time!! Ride 2's bugged the hell out of me with all the grass where the old track went and without the different car/bike routes in that chicane.

Anurag006

50RPM
I wish someone again ports the tracks from MotoGP to Ride 3 like in Ride 2... Love to ride these road bikes on the race tracks.

GT VIRUS

100RPM
I know there is a few Milestone haters around and Milestone have released a few questionable titles. But I must say this is looking good, really good. To date we (me) are still waiting for the first bike sim/game to support VR , sadly no mention of VR here, so again it looks likes another bike sim/game with no VR, this of course does sadden me. I can not also help feeling, it is a huge lost opportunity for Milestone, I must say it confuses the hell out of me...but then I am no coder, maybe it is very difficult and time consuming to implement :confused::(

I will buy this title for sure, if things keep heading in the right direction and certainly looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Thank you Paul for another excellent review :thumbsup:
GP Bikes has VR support, and is a proper sim as well. Only issue is, no AI

Damage Inc

500RPM
I'm really hoping they fix the completely broken PP system from the 2nd game. Fed up of having a Diavel Carbon annihilate me on acceleration and top speed when on my Brutale 675, I can hold off most of the other 1000cc bikes but not that thing, or the Speed triple on tracks with any sort of long straight.

Oh and the cruddy bonus for adding laps, why on earth would I do a 4 lap race for just 10% extra credits when I can do 2 two lap races for almost 100% extra? Or 4 1 lap races for an even greater amount....give us incentive to go the longer races.

I'm really hoping they fix the completely broken PP system from the 2nd game. Fed up of having a Diavel Carbon annihilate me on acceleration and top speed when on my Brutale 675, I can hold off most of the other 1000cc bikes but not that thing, or the Speed triple on tracks with any sort of long straight.

Oh and the cruddy bonus for adding laps, why on earth would I do a 4 lap race for just 10% extra credits when I can do 2 two lap races for almost 100% extra? Or 4 1 lap races for an even greater amount....give us incentive to go the longer races.
And Tire wear wouldn't go amiss , at least the option for it ...

Damage Inc

500RPM
And Tire wear wouldn't go amiss , at least the option for it ...
totally agree, and per bike per track setup saving and the ability to have user setups as default. I'm fed up of the default understeery (but without the tucking(unless hard on the brakes)) front end. Bikes should be grippy as hell on the front and fun at the rear. More damping on the fronts to stop the "pogo" effect of wheelies too.

Are you listening Milestoned ? :rolleyes: . Why not while they are at it .. wouldn't it be easy to in time trial to save a fastest time on a particular Bike , then jump on another and pit it up against the the previous one . This would make clear of how you would like to set a bike up for your style and push the bike and its set up to the absolute limit .. haha:sneaky:

Top Bottom