AC (NEW!)Renault R.S.01 Trophy @ Tor Poznan - Wednesday 26th August 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry guys for not signing out.. Spontaneous trip to the beach and wasn't near my phone until now.

What a day though! Hope you had some good fun racing!
I was booking a flight :p
IMG_20200827_004823_161-01.jpeg

I want to have a moan, but cannot, not my finest hour, but what fun it was.
I just could not see anything in corners, so had a few taps unintentionally due to having to put so much steering lock on I could not see the car in front.:confused:
Must be the closest racing I have ever done, if it was formula one they would immediately have big rule changes to stop that from happening again.:O_o:
John’s front end certainly gave me more pace, so thanks for that, still not sure about the brake bias, certainly quicker, but difficult for me to get right every time.

PS. just looked at Simresults timings, you put some cracking times in there @Medilloni.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Again, great combo thanks for that one @Medilloni :thumbsup: Winning the second race at such a highly decorated grid was just the topping on the cake. But first things first.

Qualy was a bit of a disappointment when seeing what lap times are possible. You guys were so fast doing 25ers whereas I found myself in the mid 26ers. Therefore I was set for P5 at best but as we know, racing != qualy :)

In R1 I benefit from Johns technical issues and found myself in P4 right after the start with a big enough gap to P5 to hold that position. Followed @Neilski the whole race but wasn't able to attack as we almost did the same lap times, took the same lines and made the same errors at the exact same places :D

R2 again, Fortuna was on my side because our pole man @thom462 disappeared and handed me P1 right from the beginning. What followed were 24:45 minutes of pure concentration and defending against @Axel Moebius . Running 0 wing in combination with a track where overtaking is very difficult helped me a lot because I clearly was not the fastest guy out there. Axel attacked me many times going into T2 and defending, by blocking the inside line, did the trick and it really was a lot of fun. Thanks at this point to Axel for keeping it always fair and not doing any aggressive moves :thumbsup: With the pressure from behind I was at least able to set a 26:00 but a time below that (like the fastest lap from @Medilloni impressive :thumbsup: ) seemed out of reach. Maybe I should try your setup once :)

John very sorry I missed this last night. I had done some practice and setup yesterday afternoon and was looking forward to it.
But my missus made dinner which was ready at 8.15. I was hanging around the kitchen willing the food to cook quicker but alas I missed that episode of David Blaine.
In the end I had to forgo the race and have dinner with her or there could have been big trouble in little China.

Sincere apologies. Great combo. Really likes the car. Would have sure had a podium :whistling:

John very sorry I missed this last night. I had done some practice and setup yesterday afternoon and was looking forward to it.
But my missus made dinner which was ready at 8.15. I was hanging around the kitchen willing the food to cook quicker but alas I missed that episode of David Blaine.
In the end I had to forgo the race and have dinner with her or there could have been big trouble in little China.

Sincere apologies. Great combo. Really likes the car. Would have sure had a podium :whistling:
No problem George - and I know the feeling with meals, we're often eating at 10:30 on race nights :laugh: Hope to see you soon buddy.

Again, great combo thanks for that one @Medilloni :thumbsup: Winning the second race at such a highly decorated grid was just the topping on the cake. But first things first.

Qualy was a bit of a disappointment when seeing what lap times are possible. You guys were so fast doing 25ers whereas I found myself in the mid 26ers. Therefore I was set for P5 at best but as we know, racing != qualy :)

In R1 I benefit from Johns technical issues and found myself in P4 right after the start with a big enough gap to P5 to hold that position. Followed @Neilski the whole race but wasn't able to attack as we almost did the same lap times, took the same lines and made the same errors at the exact same places :D

R2 again, Fortuna was on my side because our pole man @thom462 disappeared and handed me P1 right from the beginning. What followed were 24:45 minutes of pure concentration and defending against @Axel Moebius . Running 0 wing in combination with a track where overtaking is very difficult helped me a lot because I clearly was not the fastest guy out there. Axel attacked me many times going into T2 and defending, by blocking the inside line, did the trick and it really was a lot of fun. Thanks at this point to Axel for keeping it always fair and not doing any aggressive moves :thumbsup: With the pressure from behind I was at least able to set a 26:00 but a time below that (like the fastest lap from @Medilloni impressive :thumbsup: ) seemed out of reach. Maybe I should try your setup once :)
I wondered how many would go with 1 or 0 wing Andreas! I did try lower than 2 but I couldn't get any consistent lap times, grip just washed out - if that makes sense:redface: In the 2nd race I saw the ding dong battle ahead with you, Neil and Jason, it was fantastic to watch... and congrats on your win, you must have a cool head!:thumbsup:

I've got the first race, but it also includes the practice, qualy & second race.
dropbox
Thanks for this Patrick :)

Just watched 1st race and couldn't see the flickering in the first corner which I'd had in the race, but near the end of the race, my experience was the car stopping/freezing on the exit of the last corner - but the replay shows me driving through the pits, then the trees, then timewarp back to the pits:confused:

I did wonder when entering the server... my ping was 160 (never been that high), but when I rejoined it was 26, and when I came out of the event at the end, CM had crashed, buggered if I know why.

Nice evening race.
Took almost no training at all by coming at late hour.
It took me a while until understand this car. Very difficult turning and fast turns always understeer.
It was a surprise the 6place on race one (too many guys went out, i guess) and top 10 race 2. Had some good laps trying to catch guys in front and running away fron the back, and some laps direct position fighting,
Thanks to all that showed up ;-)

I wondered how many would go with 1 or 0 wing Andreas! I did try lower than 2 but I couldn't get any consistent lap times, grip just washed out - if that makes sense:redface: In the 2nd race I saw the ding dong battle ahead with you, Neil and Jason, it was fantastic to watch... and congrats on your win, you must have a cool head!:thumbsup:

I ran 0 wing from the first time I tried this combo because it just felt ok. The car was nearly unspinnable. Later on I lowered the diff power to 10% and that was it. Because I had so much fun in this car, I didn't even think about changing the setup or counter the oversteer. Just enjoyed it :)

Ey up lads, hope you can make it next Weds, we're at LilSki's new version of Watkins Glen with our monthly fix of GTE/GT2... would be great to see you all again :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back