Resource icon

Misc New racegrooves 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just drop them in GameData/Locations/ trackname/samefolder as SCN, GDB, etc. As long as they are in with the same folder as GDB , SCN ,etc., the track will use the racegroove use choose to put in there. Also, if you grab Gimp or other image manipulation program, you can adjust the racegroove however you like, darker, lighter,etc.

Last edited:
I used Paint.net to adjust the brightness and contrast of a racegroove but with the edited file, the racegroove because bright white during night time. It's fine in the day but as night time comes and the lighting gets darker, the racegroove becomes lighter and brighter. Does it have something to do with the format I saved the file? Paint.net gave me a bunch of options to save the dds file and I didn't know which one to pick...
Capture.JPG

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Sounds like a shader conflict, try it with the default cars, or a mod that doesn't use shaders and see if it still does it.
Thanks for the reply but I'm not using any shader mods or any mods for that matter. Just using 100% vanilla RF1 at the moment besides Hudsons's track textures (track mas file) and a different racegroove.

BTW, thanks for the racegroove files. The racegroove1.TGA is quite close to what I was looking for anyways :) I didn't know TGA files could be used as opposed to DDS files. I'll test your files and see if the issue still exists.

EDIT: My mistake. I am using some modded files besides Hudson's track MAS file. I'm using the following; they all came in a pack I found online:

Capture.JPG

I can send you them if you'd like. I also get issues where, often, it looks like a light shadow covers the bottom 20% of the car's tyres (visible in external view and replays). I can't tell if it's a shadow or racegroove issue or what. It normally happens at apex's and exits of corners.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years