New R3E impressed user

Hello to everyone,

(a little brick)
It´s been now a few years using Iracing and lately AC. Wasn´t aware my Iracing suscription will last till next February and missed the black friday renewal offer, so while I wait till the next offer (summer I guess) and after seeing there were discounts in R3E I picked two days ago a bunch of packs for a bit less than 50 euros:

-American and European tracks, ADAC 2013 and 2014, Hillclimb, WTCC 2013 (for Suzuka), GTR2, Group 5, Touring Classics, DTM 92, M1 Procar, Daytona Proto (enjoyed a looot Iracing endurance races with the Riley Daytona prototype) and Radical. It was quite in a rush because I saw the offer was lasting only up to midnight and found it at 23:20h so I missed the WTCC 2014 and the DTM 2015 you guys recomend here.

Last time I tried Raceroom was at the very beginning and could not find then the Fanatec compatibility so I deleted it from the computer, but after reading the GTO Class Preview I decided to go for it and give another opportunity.

Just yerterday night I configured the wheel etc and finally went to the track with the Capri at Zanvoort combo. Ooooohhhh my God... What was supposed to be a two laps trial at midnight before going to bed were finally 90kms of pure enjoyment with a constant smile tatooed in my face. Amazing fun time I had with that beast, I couldn´t stop till I lost concentration due sleep and the accident made me park the car.

Will do some more trials this days with other cars and tracks and will see what I have to do to join some practices/races with other users here. I definetely had a terrific time I guess won´t be the last with this sim.

See you!

Yeah, a bit late thanks ;) Nevertheless used to Iracing prices I am OK for what I got for the price I had it.
I am having an absolute blast in the DTM 92 cars myself!
As long as you check and adjust the steering setting (it was set to 900 deg by default in the car setup so reduced that to 540) you get a very convincing driving experience.
Can't wait to race this online.
Welcome gentlemen, as has been pointed out please feel free to join in races at the R3E race club you can find out what's coming up and how to join here. I look forward to seeing you on the track:)

I am having an absolute blast in the DTM 92 cars myself!
As long as you check and adjust the steering setting (it was set to 900 deg by default in the car setup so reduced that to 540) you get a very convincing driving experience.
Can't wait to race this online.

I have to admit I spent quite a long time yesterday AGAIN with the Capri at Zanvoort. Honestly, the best marketing those guys can do to gain customers is to put the audio files in the ears of others sim players because R3E really shines in this point.

I tried then the DTM 92 Mercedes in Mid Ohio and the Volvo at Zolder. There´s one thing I find: I can push hard those cars and I never spin, never have a wipe effect throwing me to the fences like in Iracing, cars seem to go a bit on rails (OK, Capri maybe not) even in Get Real mode. I am no way a fast driver, I am always in the back pack in races so maybe I am not pushing them hard enough, but at my same driving level I find easy not to have accidents in R3E.

Welcome gentlemen, as has been pointed out please feel free to join in races at the R3E race club you can find out what's coming up and how to join here. I look forward to seeing you on the track:)

Thanks Kenny, I´ll take a look at the leagues. One rookie question: are here some "practice" sessions available at all times were we can drive with other drivers on track without racing? (yep, used to Iracing ;) )

The cars are rather stable on default setups and are, imo, controllable like in real life. Every racing car will not give you problems as long as you drive calmly. With other words: I spin the DTM 92 cars often in leaderboards practice...

as said above dtm92 on default are decently stable, but take the skyline from classics and it;s another story(at lest for me)and the kick comes when you are on the edge with them, i found noticeable differences between merc/bmw/volvo on the raged edge of my talent.
About practice session, if you are signed up for a race and days prior to that you want to practice just leave a message on the specific thread and people will know and join

Thanks for your messages; I will see how to join you guys this afternoon if possible, willing to drive with someone else.
For your comments I definetely are a slow man, jaja. Done a few laps with the McLaren in Zanvoort first in Iracing and later in R3E. In my pace in Iracing with baseline times were in 1:44x and R3E 1:42x after 6 laps, so there´s a difference here. I enjoyed more the driving in R3E ;)

Going to try the Skyline

Last edited:
@leikerman I am available right now as long as my babygirl is asleep.
I'll login and perhaps see you online to do some practise. :) I'll be on TS as well.

I Robin, I am also available now. Sorry for the question but, is there an specific server to connect to? Which are the TS details?

Edit: found the WTCC at Hungaroring for today. Do I have to upgrade the account to acces to details?

Thanks!

I Robin, I am also available now. Sorry for the question but, is there an specific server to connect to? Which are the TS details?

Edit: found the WTCC at Hungaroring for today. Do I have to upgrade the account to acces to details?

Thanks!

Then you find the TeamSpeak details in the The Paddock Club area.

Great you found it. On my mobile now, so even typing is lame, not imagining how to copy/paste specific links lol. Please add your real name in the lower field, it will only be shown to premiums. And please read the club racing rules once. Golden rule: Wait after disadvantaging other driver. Easy as is. And please sign up for a race before entering:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%