PC2 New Project CARS 2 Porsche 956/962 Images and Bio

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have showcased another car from Project CARS 2 - The iconic Porsche 956/962 Group C monster!

Most of us are now well aware that Porsche have pretty much thrown their historic exclusivity agreements out of the window and gone on a multi game, multi platform offensive in the past 12 months, with simulation racers the world over now fortunate enough to be enjoying the iconic German cars across a number of different simulations and motoring games as diverse as Forza Horizon 3 to Assetto Corsa, and Project CARS 2 isn't immune from pull of the motoring giants either.. adding a number of iconic models from across the ages to the upcoming Project CARS 2 title.

With a concentrated marketing push now in full swing, SMS have revealed a number of impressive images from one of the biggest hitting cars due to be added to the game... the stunning Porsche 956/962.

Looks good, sounds good and no doubt feels good too... check the images out below....

Project CARS 2 will release September 2017 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 4.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 5.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and chat regarding the upcoming second instalment of the best selling Project CARS franchise.

Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 6.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 7.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 8.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche 956-962 9.jpg

Looking forward to Project CARS 2? Excited to see the 956/962 in game? Are you a fan of the 1980's Group C era? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • ronniej

Wasn't Paul Jeffrey going to do an interview with Ian Bell? Perhaps that would be a good question to ask...Or maybe that's why the interview won't take place lol.

• ronniej

From my experience, all of which has been fixed and improved.

Oh, have you been playing the beta Azure? If so, give us your thoughts so far...I also remember a few beta testers from Pcars said that when they were testing it out in the beginning that it felt much better than it did when the final product came out.

I appreciate you trying to clarify however, it's still clear as mud as he never specified that he wasn't using any code from ISI, he only stated it was a completely new tyre model (whether it was "SETA" or otherwise) and that there wasn't any code from another engine in the same sentence.....The only person who can clear it up would be Mr. Bell, and to be honest, I think it would be fantastic if it is in fact a new physics engine built from scratch. ( Is the physics engine in Pcars SMS's, or from isimotor2?)

I've been doing WMD since the first iteration (for PC1). BTW, I also worked with Xzibit-A back in the day for alternate physics for Simbin's GTR2002 mod so I've been around the group for a while.

The SETA tire model is completely devoid of any ISI or other code. Yes, the Madness engine started with the base of the ISI engine (as they started working with it way back for GTR). For PC2, the lighting engine has been re-written from PC1 (which was already changed from their previous iterations of the Madness engine). The multiplayer code was rewritten for PC1 (updated for PC2). The tire model, as mentioned, was new for PC1 (updated for PC2). Driveline physics were scratch for PC1 (updated for PC2)... and the list goes on. Even the loading routines are completely different to support SMS's encrypted file system.

While I don't have access to SMS's actual code, I doubt they have much, if any ISI code left in the Madness engine. If they do, it's not around physics or graphics (i.e. it could be something around the base file structure but that would be about it).

That being said, the work done for loose material handling on the tires has also benefitted the tarmac behavior. There are new modules to the physics engine for both the tire and driveline simulations which also really enhance the driving dynamics over PC1.

Given iRacing, ISI and Kunos have been refining their respective tire models for many, many years; SMS is expecting to do the same with their own model.

• ronniej

I've been doing WMD since the first iteration (for PC1). BTW, I also worked with Xzibit-A back in the day for alternate physics for Simbin's GTR2002 mod so I've been around the group for a while.

The SETA tire model is completely devoid of any ISI or other code. Yes, the Madness engine started with the base of the ISI engine (as they started working with it way back for GTR). For PC2, the lighting engine has been re-written from PC1 (which was already changed from their previous iterations of the Madness engine). The multiplayer code was rewritten for PC1 (updated for PC2). The tire model, as mentioned, was new for PC1 (updated for PC2). Driveline physics were scratch for PC1 (updated for PC2)... and the list goes on. Even the loading routines are completely different to support SMS's encrypted file system.

While I don't have access to SMS's actual code, I doubt they have much, if any ISI code left in the Madness engine. If they do, it's not around physics or graphics (i.e. it could be something around the base file structure but that would be about it).

That being said, the work done for loose material handling on the tires has also benefitted the tarmac behavior. There are new modules to the physics engine for both the tire and driveline simulations which also really enhance the driving dynamics over PC1.

Given iRacing, ISI and Kunos have been refining their respective tire models for many, many years; SMS is expecting to do the same with their own model.
Ok, thanks a bunch for the insight! That would be very welcoming indeed if they kept improving like Rf2 and AC does with the PC platform, but with with a Playstation, Xbox and PC launch that might be difficult but great if that's how they will go about it. Kunos has done a great job of it to be sure.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%