PC2 New Project CARS 2 Images Leaked

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
pcars 2 - 6.jpg

Leaked images of the in development Project CARS 2 title have surfaced on the internet recently, showing various vehicles and weather conditions contained within the title.

With the first Project CARS installment having come in for heavy criticism due to a wide variety of bugs and issues with the title across all platforms, Slightly Mad Studios CEO Ian Bell has confirmed via a recent interview that PCARS 2 is now at the Quality Assurance Process stage, predicting a minimum of seven months for the title to undergo rigorous testing and bug fixing prior to the studio releasing the game for public sale.

Project CARS 2 is the sequel to the highly popular Project CARS title released during 2015. The game is currently under early development and little is known about what players can expect once the title releases, probably during 2017. It is expected that PCARS 2 will contain similar features and content to the original, plus the following information contained on the office game website:

• THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER - 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including 'loose surface racing' on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
  • THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
  • CO-OP CAREER - More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
  • SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED - Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
  • PRO ESPORTS RACING - Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Seasons, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
  • YOUR HOME FOR RACING - Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars.

pcars 2 - 4.jpg
pcars 2 - 7.jpg

Project CARS 2 is due for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC during 2017.

Check out the Project CARS forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions regarding Project CARS on both PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Browse out modding database, engage with the community or join in one of our many League and Club Racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment.

pcars 2 - 1.jpg pcars 2 - 5.jpg

Are you looking forward to PCARS 2? Do you still have faith in SMS following the original release of PCARS and subsequent issues with the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Very old pictures. They were leaked on a Polish forum months ago. Recently there was also a guy on 4Chan putting up shots of Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos, and Mclarens all racing together. I'm not sure why those are being ignored, since it reveals licenses SMS haven't announced yet. So y'all are a bit late to the party on this, and then some.

I'm hoping a portion of the $120 million they made (or so) from sales of pCars ($60 × 2 million units sold) is going to QA testing. I can live with a pretty version of Race 07 marketed to a much wider audience because it's more people to race against online. I'm not cool with my car sinking into the ground and then exploding 300 feet into the air. I understand ISIS have perfected the art of vehicular detonation, but they are yet to make an appearance in an FIA-sanctioned event.

This is my personal opinion only, but they could not get the 1st one right, lets hope the 2nd one is better.
Yea, I said after buying the first one and they announced pCARS 2 "**** that, won't buy because you can't release one game with many bugs and then announce the second one immediately!", damn does that look good... Starting to become more and more supportive of this game. But I won't pre-purchase it this time, will wait for the reviews :p

I'm not looking forward to PCars 2. I expect to see PCars 3 announced right after the release of PCars 2 and then PCars 2 doesn't receive many useful updates, and then everybody can pick up a GOTY version with all DLCs dirt cheap. Maybe I'll wait till then to look into buying one.

Will wait for a lot of reviews first instead of jumping aboard the hype train like I did with the first :( Lets hope their QA works this time :whistling:

PC1 did not have a proper publishing studio until very very late in the game, so QA was affected. They have full bandai support this time around for the entire dev process so QA *should* be better.

I will def be purchasing. Had almost no issues with PC1 and as stated a few times before, graphically it is top-notch, and the dynamic TOD and weather add that extra sense of immersion.
Currently running a league in AC and while the racing is great, being able to use shadows across the track for brake markers for a full 2+ hour race kills the immersion for me a bit.
Not to mention that there are a few drivers who excel in the rain, at night, etc. that are unable to use their talents in other racing sims.

Yea, I said after buying the first one and they announced pCARS 2 "**** that, won't buy because you can't release one game with many bugs and then announce the second one immediately!", damn does that look good... Starting to become more and more supportive of this game. But I won't pre-purchase it this time, will wait for the reviews :p

I think they made a mistake announcing the sequel so soon, but i can almost guarantee that all developers that plan to release sequels, regardless of the genre, start working on the sequel before the first game even ships. They are typically mute about it for a while however.

Somebody here synthesized the essence of pCars: "the most beautiful piece of crap I've ever owned". If by any chance the god of physics descends upon mr. Bell's team, I will consider supporting them even though i promised myself I wouldn't any more since the days of GTR2 and his condescending attitude towards everyone who doesn't agree with him. I've uninstalled pCars after 10 minutes of gameplay and asked for a refund. Graphically unoptimized, laggy control, canned ff effects are just a few of the reasons. In the meantime, I think Need for Speed (the last one) actually looks way better, and while it doesn't aspire to be a sim so that it can crash in flames at it, it might actually be more fun.

Last edited:
I must be one of the few people who really enjoyed PCars 1. Yes it wasn't a perfect game in the slightest. There was glitches (wasn't really affected by them though) and the crashes weren't realistic and the AI were sometimes way too easy to beat on the hardest difficulty but I was very happy on the whole. Online worked fine for me (one of the most important features) and the game was well supported by SMS, giving us a good amount of DLC and giving us more patches than you can hope for from codemasters (who decided that they needed to patch the iOS version more than the stupid amount of bugs it has at the moment)

I'm really looking forward to this, especially if there is an insane amount of tracks and content (50 tracks would keep me very happy). Plus the game will hopefully get a good amount of DLC. September would be lovely, but I'm willing to wait for delays if the game isn't ready

I paid full "Sucker" price for pre release for PC1, sucked in with the graphics and hype!
36hrs in total has not convinced me with the driving physics and AI behavior.
PC2 will have to do some real persuading to pull me away from 1000+hrs on Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally. These two definitely get my interest when their respective next editions come out.

I would love to buy this game when it comes out if the physics are massively improved. I enjoyed PCars for quite awhile, but I finally had enough of cars spinning off of the track and coming right back on with no consequences. I also got whacked by the AI more than I do in any other racing game. Notice I said "racing game" and not "sim."

Without a demo to try pCARS 2 myself, I'm afraid I can't be convinced no matter the graphics, sound or prestige of licenses SMS will have gathered. Make it FEEL right and consistent this time and I'll buy it.
(note that I'm not saying make it feel like AC, iRacing, rF2, AMS, R3E ...any of those would be fine, there is not one right for me).
No demo and you can't hope to extract more than 20 bucks from me.

Everybody is talking about better QA, but it means nothing if there is no will to fix the bugs found.

The first game was quite tested and many bugs were known before release, but they decided the game has to go out already anyway. And the will to improve it once out disappeared very quickly. Despite it's numerous patches, it didn't change or improve much.

There are 2 main reasons I won't purchase PCars 2.
1. He made claims of content in Pcars 1 that never materialised including promises that further patches will include all that is missing. He lied, many times.
2. His attitude to customers, beta/alpha testers and potential purchasers is some of the worst ever seen on the interweb, so he won't get my money just because of that out of principle.
:poop:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years