New Porsche GT3 Machine

It just doesn´t get any more beautiful then this :) love that they have lengthened the car as well, you can really see the more planted look in profile.

©Porsche AG

Never really understand why people always get so excited about "new" porsches. They look already the same for 60 years. What ever type name you give to it, its always the same :)

Must be a piece of cake to be the head of the design department at that company.

It´s a tested and unique design, why throw that away?
All that is needed is refinement to keep it modern looking.
If they changed the design it would not be a 911.

There´s actually quite large changes but for the untrained eye it´s not that apparent.

I'm disappointed at "only 460 hp" i expected more given that the old one had 450 (which matches the RS).
The 4.0 RS was reported as the swansong of the Mezger engine, i expected more power from this new unit...

Disappointment with the engine aside, i like the 991 cup chassis, looks great

I'm disappointed at "only 460 hp" i expected more given that the old one had 450 (which matches the RS).
The 4.0 RS was reported as the swansong of the Mezger engine, i expected more power from this new unit...

Disappointment with the engine aside, i like the 991 cup chassis, looks great
The Cups have to respect the regulations for their respective category, which is GTC ;)

They can't have 500hp + as they need to fit within a certain power/weight and overall performance ratio.

It´s normal that the race version has less power then the road car.

458 Italia, 570 on the street, 490-500 in GT2 spec.
Same with the Mclaren MP4-12C and pretty much every race car except BMW Z4 or M3 GT2.

Man, the 458 Italia really got neutered... Lucky GT2 RS who was never meant to compete.

I didn't think this would affect the Porsche cup car, given that they race against other similar Porsches only.
The GT3 RSR however i was wondering what was gonna happen.

Perhaps they should drop the GT moniker for all but the racecars, go back to Carrera RS.

Bram, from a trained eye :D, In terms of looks Porsche has been trying to recapture the magic of the early 90's 993 (and earlier) series chassis, sleak, edgy and raw, the newer series, specially the 996, looked kinda chubby.

It's hard to do with the bigger cars of today, but the 991's got the best proportions yet, they look lower and more agressive compared to the outgoing chassis.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back