New Pope Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're all making this so complicated for nothing...

Organised religions is crap, it is merely a way of brainwashing people. Now, you can actually, BY YOURSELF, read that damn Bible and take out your own understanding of it, because let's face it, it is so not black and white what's written there.

Just don't go to these dumb communions where Illuminatis tell you what to do.

William, I earlier stated that although I am catholic, I do not believe with all their views and you will find very few catholics who do so that can't be exactly called brainwashing.

Most religions originate from the same essential belief,
And it has never crossed your mind why Catholism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism are so closely related?

And by the way, those compared to let´s say Hinduism or even Buddhism is light years apart.
Buddhism i would go so far as to say it´s not even a religion but pure spirituality.
Likewise Hinduism even though it incorporates a god and that you are merely a piece of him recycling life until you finally "get it".

Buddhism is based on Buddha, a guy coming from a rich family that said material things is not important among many other things.
There are some branches of Buddhism which say Buddha is a mythical figure though but the general perception is that he was a real life human being and not some made up Jedi like Jesus, Moses, Muhammed or whatever name the more western religions use.

the beliefs have been adapted from the same original being - god.
But you are excluding 99% of everything else..
And it´s not true all religions have a god or a story that breaks every law of physics we know.

I have a relative who is Hindu, and multiple friends who are muslim and as they tell me about their religion, they ultimately share distinct similarities to catholicism. Judaism is also extremely close to Christianity as Jesus himself was a Jew.
That´s great but you just ignored the point. And the rest of my post entirely.
Consciously probably.

William, I earlier stated that although I am catholic, I do not believe with all their views and you will find very few catholics who do so that can't be exactly called brainwashing.
So you pick and choose what you like?

"God killed 70,000 people" - naahh don´t like that bit...
"treat everyone as you would like to be treated" - sounds good i´ll keep this one for sure.

Religious people do this all the time.. Cherry pick stuff from the books and they do the same thing with science.
They depend on science in everyday life, without science we would still be walking around with sticks and stones.

- earth is not 10,000 years old, it´s actually billions of years old

"nahh, it says here in my book it´s not that old" ..............

That´s great but you just ignored the point. And the rest of my post entirely.
Consciously probably.

I apologise if I misunderstood your point but there is no need to start getting personal about it.

So you pick and choose what you like?

Nope, the catholic church only finds understanding in the bible the way they see it, it doesn't exactly say in the bible that condoms should not be used but the catholic church interprets some part of it as meaning so. I find my own understanding the way I see it.

Also, I am neither a fully fledged creationist or evolutionist, I believe that god constructed the original 'building blocks' of the universe i.e the laws of physics and the universe has evolved from that state.

I apologise if I misunderstood your point but there is no need to start getting personal about it.
How am i getting things personal when you are ignoring my post completely?

Nope, the catholic church only finds understanding in the bible the way they see it, it doesn't exactly say in the bible that condoms should not be used but the catholic church interprets some part of it as meaning so. I find my own understanding the way I see it.

Also, I am neither a fully fledged creationist or evolutionist, I believe that god constructed the original 'building blocks' of the universe i.e the laws of physics and the universe has evolved from that state.
So as i said, you pick and choose.

How am i getting things personal when you are ignoring my post completely?

So as i said, you pick and choose.

You are saying I am intentionally ignoring your opinion, if not personal it was snide.

No, just because I don't the catholic churches views that doesn't mean I pick and choose. Everything that is stated as fact in the bible I believe but every ambiguos statement I take my own meaning from it.

You are saying I am intentionally ignoring your opinion, if not personal it was snide.
Not my opinion, my whole post. You did not reply to what i said just just answered with other stuff not related to what i just told you. Thus, you ignored it.
Not a snide either.

No, just because I don't the catholic churches views that doesn't mean I pick and choose. Everything that is stated as fact in the bible I believe but every ambiguos statement I take my own meaning from it.
How can you sit and say you are not actively picking and choosing? You just did!
You are a catholic but you have your own chosen views of various things.

"Everything that is stated as fact in the bible"
That´s pure gold right there.

Another thing most religious people don´t think about is God "itself".

You are claiming something as complex as our universe must have been created yet you either assume God is less complex then our universe or way more complex of an entity but that he can´t have been created.

Or you say he´s been created to by another god and someone created him and someone him and it´s a big massive circle and we the lifeforms in the universe is merely "The Sims" on a large scale.

There, another snide comment.
I need to go now, early start for me. Thanks for the discussion :)
It wasn´t. if you read it again you´ll see it´s aimed at the bible itself and not necessarily you who made the claim like many other religious people have.

If that´s a snide then your last sentence is an excuse for a way out when things get more complicated then what you have even allowed yourself to think about, especially when it starts to make less sense for every step taken.

What ? Preach my own sermon ? The reason I go to church is in thanks to god and I would be to frightened to anyway, I hate public speaking :p
No no no.... Please don't, lol... Just go pray alone, or whatever it is you do. Don't go listen to some Priest crap, basically.

Also, as long as Priests can't screw women, they'll turn on children, so please, ffs, allow marriage !

But if you are insulting the points made in the bible you are in turn insulting my beliefs.
Now you make another assumption. I guess next post is saying i´m getting personal again..

As you just made an assumption that i insulted your beliefs i can say that from my point of view, you are insulting the human race by believing in non-rational, non-logical thinking.

Now you make another assumption. I guess next post is saying i´m getting personal again..

As you just made an assumption that i insulted your beliefs i can say that from my point of view, you are insulting the human race by believing in non-rational, non-logical thinking.

But almost half the human race believe in god through some form of religion so I disagree. Let's leave this now.

But almost half the human race believe in god through some form of religion
And 80% of the population lives on less then 10 bucks a day, more then half don´t even have proper toilets.
Just because something is, doesn´t mean it´s right or should be.

People seem to forget not long ago we lived like this. can´t expect things to change instantly.

Uncontacted-tribe-hirez.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back