New Point Procedure Again???

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Looks like it:

Source: Formula-1.UpdateSport.com

The Formula One Teams Association, commonly known as FOTA, has called for a change to the points scoring system during this morning’s meeting in Geneva.

The meeting was hailed as the association’s blueprint announcement for the future of the sport.

Speaking in Geneva,
McLaren Director Martin Whitmarsh explained that move was necessary as the fans have clearly indicated, in recent surveys, that the gap between first and second is too small. The proposal is that winners would be awarded 12 points, with the podium finishers receiving nine and seven respectively. The lower points would remain as they are at present.

It is understood the proposal has been put to the World Motor Sports Council for ratification, and if agreed will be introduced for the 2009 season.

A further proposal is that fuel loads would be made public before the start of the race, something that would allow greater insight into the tactical possibilities of each car.

There were further proposals for the following season involving the length of races and further, on which we will comment in due course

Hmm looks like winning will be a lot more critical now.

That was my idea for years...they stole it from my brain!..Now i understood what happened to me when i had one week unconsicious :D...

Now seriously, i believe this will bring more fun for podium fights. And that's a rightful reward for podium finishers too. They deserve to take more points than others in 8.

• JEarnoWEldonL

Ahh.. AH!...I wisshed this happejn. But look what happened...Most winner system :pissed:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 242 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%