New podium wheel?

09poCVv-lzbhLkSxLtdbTG4Uyerdk40r8TxNzFyn8wQ.jpg

Looks better the E-sports competition, but still like Fanatec has a large over stock of parts of the original Formula wheel.

Unbelievable that they did not change the lower parts of the hand grips at least.

Upvote 0
The European market bought up these things like there was a fire sale...luckily the US market is taking it a little slower: 137 left as of 10PM East Coast.

Even though I think they're gonna release a slightly cheaper, non-cutaway, non-carbon fiber version (like the red/black one shown in this screenshot), I couldn't resist pre-ordering one; with the gold trim and the bottom cutaway I think it's probably the sexiest wheel Fanatec has released thus far.

UT1pBBL.jpg

As a owner of a Mclaren GT3 Rim, I kept thinking if they would just release something like this (dual clutch and rotary dials in particular), but with RevLEDs and magnetic shifters it would be my perfect wheel...and here it is. The fact that it has rotary encoders on the side, Flag LEDs and color-programmable revLEDs (something I'm sure FanaLEDS will be able to customize) and looks so nice is just lots of icing on the cake :D

Upvote 0
Also noteworthy: This new wheel is just $50 more than the old Formula Carbon rim ($299)...and that older Formula Carbon used to cost $249 before Fanatec acquired the F1 eSports licensing deal. Given that the following things remain true:
  • The new Gold F1 wheel will not have Xbox compatibility
  • It is indeed a one time only, limited edition version
  • The old Formula wheels remain at their current price and are not phased out
It'll be interesting to see later if a non-Limited edition version of this wheel surfaces and whether or not it will be cheaper than the Limited Edition (due to no carbon fiber and/or no cutaway design) or more expensive (due to including Xbox compatibility, carbon fiber and/or cutaway design).

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing