PC2 New PC2 VRC Car

A new (old) car released for PC2 by VRC. Aside from making high quality mods I like VRC as they were the only guys who replied to me when asking if they would consider creating and releasing formula content for PC2.

I understand that creating Formula content for PC2 has its issues but if the pro modding teams started releasing their tin top stuff content alongside the other modded cars you can get for PC2 from discord etc... then that would be a boost of quality content to replace some of the dodgy SMS PC2 cars. I use the mod booter files to delete half of SMS PC2 cars and then replace them with mods cars to my liking. PC2 still has a great overall package and some say (and I would partially agree) that the physics are flawed but are they flawed globally or is it SMS's interpretation of what individual cars feel like - so are the flaws per car!? FFB aside of course which has improved considerably in the hands of people like Pops here on RD - I'm guessing if an individual car has thrown together physics then FFB would suffer because of that. With regards to the global question I may be able to partially answer that in the next few weeks with any luck. *mysterious*

Anyhoo - I think what I'm trying to say is why don't the pro modders see PC2 as an opportunity to build content for it; especially Formula content somehow. A huge amount of people own PC2 and there's a lack of Formula content options for it and it also seems to me that SMS have moved on and can't be bovvered with PC2 anymore so pro modders could move on in and be the new DLC content going forward for PC2 - and actively publicise the fact they do. (If they do)

Maybe my morning coffee was a bit to strong today... :D

Last edited:
I agree with you on PC2 and its physics and the physics of each car. The basic physics coming from the game engine is really good. It's not perfect, but what simulation/game is perfect. It just needs to be reasonably believable. I support (financially) all the sim games, including the duds. The physics developed from each car matters just like they do in any simulator. I test drove 3 different interpretations of the GT4 Ginetta in AC and another interpretation of the same car in ACC. Talk about different physics from the same engine, at least in AC1. The same goes for every driving simulator engine. What's great about PC2 is the detail that is rendered in the FFB, especially w/ custom FFB files that helps bring it to our wheels. The amount of useful FFB information coming from PC2 surpasses the legendary AC1 and RF2, IMHO. It does vary per car in each simulator as well, but as an overall package -- PC2 is a fantastic overachievement. SMS was sooo close!

Thanks for pointing out VRC's newly released car MOD for Project Cars 2. I just bought it, like I did the other 2 mods from VRC. VRC's other prototypes are fantastic! The more people that support professional modders the better the PC2's scene will be. I've been working on my custom FFB for over 2 years w/ very few donations. The first year of donations I gave away to a children's charity, as I'm not doing this for my livelihood. This last year has been very sparse in donations. I'm just doing this as part of my hobby and entertainment, but who wouldn't like to have spare change given to them as a thank you (or even a posting on the forum). I have a feeling this carries into the business side of things. Besides the community shunning PC2 and its modders, the community seems to be very frugal in donating to businesses. It's kinda shocking as we play games with the most expensive equipment required to play them properly, but then we generally cheap out to support others, like VRC. :(

-Pops

Yeaaa I agree and tbh I'm still of the mind that it is the braking system that has more issues than anything. It can stop the cars for sure but that's what I find the main problem is with PC2 - the braking is a bit to ON and OFF rather than progressive. For example I have Load Cell brakes but tbh compared to Assetto they're not as progressive to use - it's as if the braking system is designed to be used only with Pedometer brakes. Anyhoo, they're probably not but that's my experience of them but it won't be everyone else's.

-Dan

Yeaaa I agree and tbh I'm still of the mind that it is the braking system that has more issues than anything. It can stop the cars for sure but that's what I find the main problem is with PC2 - the braking is a bit to ON and OFF rather than progressive.
I disagree to a point. I know that there is a lockup problem in PC2, but there are cars that behave really well with braking. I think the ABS and traction control are very basic and incorrect for the GT cars, but going back to nothing is a perfect game scenario and what I enjoy driving the most overall tends to be PC2, AC, RR, and AMS1 as of late. All games are lacking in certain areas. I wish the superpowers would join forces and create the ideal racing game, but it doesn't exist yet. ;) I am thinking about making a comparison YT video between the major racing games -- same common car, same common track, and just rating them per car. Any ideas would be great!

Cars that exhibit great braking are cars that do not have ABS on them, like the GT4 Mustangs. The Corvette C7.R GTE is another great GT car w a very well-balanced and very well-connected feel. Both of the KTM's are amazing too. The Indy road setup cars feel great too, newly discovered for me. On most cars, I tend to upgrade the tires on all the cars to soft compound, if available -- now that I can always feel what the tires are doing, control how much I am burning through them, and not overdrive them.

Some of the braking balance is in the setup of the car, just like the limited-slip differential that has flaws in it. With the braking, for me it seems to be having a decent car physics model, decent brake pedals (old but still good enough Fanatec V2's), balance the brake balance in the cars on the fly (front/back), make sure the games brake sensitivity is set to zero and lower the cars brake pressure if necessary. After that, that's all we can hope for other a newer game and or better MOD cars for PC2.

I do think most other games are too easy on the braking and even the TC. For example, you have 400+ HP in a race car that you can get it a bit sideways, but you can't lock the brakes up at all? That doesn't make sense either. Talk about sticky tires or a weak multi-caliper system. Game developers know that making things easy to drive will meet the mass-market appeal.

Limited-slip and engine braking are tricky and important to balance each car. Like most games, the default setups are a starting point. Not easy, but it is part of the experience. Most of the time the LSD is too sensitive or too reactive in PC2, but you can still tweak out the errors in the physics to make it drive more reasonably. You need to make sure the engine braking is minimal and the LSD for most cars needs to slip the most too.

I appreciate your passion and your insights!!!

-Pops

That's very very interesting putting the brake sensitivity to zero - are you suggesting this because I'm using loadcell t-lcm pedals? I did go down to 20 but either way I'm going to try it and will adjust the thrustmaster brake power to match may have a look at changing the tyres also - thanks for the tips!. And btw - there is an an interesting addition on-route if you're a fan of vehicles with the Halo...

Edit: the comparison video; how sims deal with tc and abs - if we're racing a "sim" should there even be an option to turn them "off" if the motorsport car uses it in real life. Sense of speed - with Assetto it seems slow IMO with the right FOV, whereas with PC2 it feels correct to my eyes - perhaps it's me. Mulitplayer options are amazing with PC2 whereas alot of other sims are cumbersome - also how sims deal with "contact" some try, some don't. Dunno, maybe I'm going off on a tangent...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back