New PC or just Graphics Card

Hi Hopefully some of you technical experts can give me some advice

I brought a PC in Jan 2018 (which was for work), subsequently I have started sim racing on the PC. Currently main focus is ACC, with some AC and Rfactor 2, but ACC seems the most resource hungry

For ACC I generally achieve FPS of between 50 and 60 but I often get blurring of the dashboard and car decals, especially when on line. And almost all of the time when watching a replay

Occasionally this extends to the road surface and this also look blurry

I’d like to improve the FPS and detail and remove the blurriness

My current specs are :

I7 8700K CPU @ 3.7 ghz
32GB Ram DDR4 3200
Single 32” monitor 2560x1440
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Looking at the recommended specs for ACC, the CPU and memory appear to meet the recommended requirements, but the Graphics card looks a bit light

Would you recommend just updating the video card or holding off and upgrading the whole PC

If just video card any recommendations budget max £500

Thanks

Hi,

sounds stupid, but right now i would wait with upgrading - the prices at the moment are way too high. Especially GPUs. At least in Germany.

Beside that i would also say - the CPU i still good enough. GPU is poor indeed.
I would wait untill the new cards are available for all, so the prices will go down (also the last gen). But the question is how long too wait?

I have a similar CPU the i7 8086K, which is just a cherry picked 8700K. I race in VR so my demands are much higher than yours (I'm assuming your on a single screen) it gets pushed to it's limits but I can still get mostly around 90fps.

I'm using a 2070 super and have a 3080 on order. The only reason I need the 3080 is because of VR, outside of that my PC can run just about anything at or close to maximum settings on a single screen.

With a 2070 super I think you'd be able to run ACC no problems. The problem now is the 2070 is being replaced by better 3000 series cards. Which aren't really available.

Like the posts above say it's probably best to wait until the new year when the full range of cards are available.

I certainly wouldn't be buying a 2000 series card. The 3000 looks like a nice step up , even the 3060 to looks to be on par with 2080s for a good bit less.

Last edited:
I too would advise the OP to hold on buying any GPU at those exorbitant prices.
The rest of the system is fine.
If mining companies were not there to buy up every last chip produced, this'd be a great time to boycott GPU companies.
The behavior is despicable...from both companies.
Their business practice leaves a lot to be desired.
Bad as intel can be, I'd welcome a decent GPU from them right now to put both on notice.

I too would advise the OP to hold on buying any GPU at those exorbitant prices.
The rest of the system is fine.
If mining companies were not there to buy up every last chip produced, this'd be a great time to boycott GPU companies.
The behavior is despicable...from both companies.
Their business practice leaves a lot to be desired.
Bad as intel can be, I'd welcome a decent GPU from them right now to put both on notice.
I do agree other than being stuck on a 1060 trying to play ACC must be so painful that getting 2080s performance on the 3060ti must be tempting!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%