New Patch Speculation - We get there when we get there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From twitter:

Simone Trevisiol ‏@Si3v73
Whiners, I'm waiting for you. p.s. : NO, SPA IS NOT COMING SOON [tm]

Bo9c3NzIMAAZk_W.jpg

I think someone played eve online and ccp's trademarked use of the word soon.

The graphics tweet has me intrigued myself. So i would hope for some real HDR. Lighting improvements etc.

Wish they would say they were working on the sound engine but i know they have fobbed that off until after 1.0.

Bit sad no new content or very little before 1.0 but as long as they improve the current content work on mp to be better fix bugs. Then i would be happy and kind of expect 1.0 might not be that far off.

Bit wierd we have not heard more on the damage modeling since a month or two back they had hoped to roll it out with MP.

Something we should see and get to bug test also before 1.0 is damage.

Considering how much behind schedule AC development is, calling people, who basically feed them and dare to have any expectations, "whiners", is a bit disrespectful.

Sorry what is so behind schedule?

I did not know they ever gave you or anyone a set in stone timetable, other than the bi weekly updates thing and have missed 2 or 3? out of how many?

One of which was due to christmas or something also so well yea i think you could give them that one free.

I know some are flaming them because the last update had no content but alot of MP fixes but there was a update last week and there should be a update if they are on schedule now this friday, which seems like it may be focused on netcode or mod tools.

They are seeming to hold back the remaining stuff cars and tracks wise till 1.0 and there is no reason why not they never promised new cars and tracks each and every week,

And if mod tools are released this friday omg look out, Have you looked at the tracks pages lately?

If people can port cars it wont be long until many hastily done car ports are flooding the forums.

Better maps since people will be able to work out of max most likely and avoid the converting through 3 different programs to get maps to work.

So while we wait for spa and our t98s and laferraris and 458gt3s a flood gate of community made content will keep people busy for years.

While they work on the core game systems that need like the netcode, the damage, the break fade and heat, graphic improvements optimizations, and hopefully a few other things along the way.

Still coming in bi weekly updates as scheduled unless we have more unforseen bumps along the way. Which what game development does not hit snags? You hope not but netcode will need testing and damage certainly will need it, and there could be game breaking bugs that creep in during all that adding stuff.

While reasons for most delays and understandable and I'm not gonna comment on this, the game was initially planned to be released "before the end of 2012", since then few other dates were given, the last one being april 2014 but over one month since then it still seems that the game won't be ready until the initially planned DLC release in september, so as much as I like this game (nKP, AC and LFS are the only racing sims I found appealing enough to buy), please don't tell me about missed schedules :unsure:
I'll stop it right there.

As usual I'm not hard pressed for the magical 1.0 release. This isn't like PCars where you can't even get in and try it until it is released. any and every one can buy the game now on discount and play it in its current state. Given the last time I checked has been something like 300 hours for me in six months. That is insane for me to think I may have that much of my life in one game.

We have an amazing product in our machines right now it will only keep getting better.

Yep, at this stage I'm not even dissapointed (much) if there is no new content in the latest patch, because we already have great selection of cars, with each one having it's unique character, and I'm also enjoying driving on some of the community made tracks even at this early stage.
Two key features that I would really like to be implemented as soon as possible are chat and the ability to join servers during practice/qualifing.
Once these two features are added, I will fully enjoy playing and won't care how far we are from version 1.0.

I heard somewhere before 1.0 come in august.

This game have a very good development for me since I try this in pirate way, ups :x (0.2 version if I not wrong). until I buy the original one in February and play this until now I feel this game have a really good development. The AI is improve in every new patch i think. :D

because this thread call "New Patch Speculation" I will say : I want another GT3 or GT2 cars like SLS or 458 '-'

• Deleted member 151827

v1.0 in 2015? lol j\k. Jokes aside i haven't played ac for a week now. Been stuck on iracing. Honestly any content at all would be a plus for me! I am quite sure that the general public feel this way. All besides the hardcore people which seem to be plentiful here on RD! Bash fest starts now. :roflmao:

v1.0 in 2015? lol j\k. Jokes aside i haven't played ac for a week now. Been stuck on iracing. Honestly any content at all would be a plus for me! I am quite sure that the general public feel this way. All besides the hardcore people which seem to be plentiful here on RD! Bash fest starts now. :roflmao:
I don't think any bashing is in order but I am all for them getting each and every forthcoming piece of content correct before release.

So while we wait for spa and our t98s and laferraris and 458gt3s a flood gate of community made content will keep people busy for years.

I don't believe the 458 GT3 is coming (at the moment - sadly) its the GT2 variant. Which for me is a little bit of a shame, as GT2 I don't think as a class is really all that relevant any more. My sportscar rules are a little lacking, but didn't GT2 effectively become GTE? The only GTE cars at le mans this year are the 458, 911, V8 Vantage and the Vette C7.

GT3 on the other hand is really thriving right now, so the more of those cars the merrier. Obviously I can appreciate the AC licence deals for these cars were probably done months (or maybe years?) ago, so that should be taken into account I guess when looking at the available cars.

I don't believe the 458 GT3 is coming (at the moment - sadly) its the GT2 variant. Which for me is a little bit of a shame, as GT2 I don't think as a class is really all that relevant any more. My sportscar rules are a little lacking, but didn't GT2 effectively become GTE? The only GTE cars at le mans this year are the 458, 911, V8 Vantage and the Vette C7.

GT3 on the other hand is really thriving right now, so the more of those cars the merrier. Obviously I can appreciate the AC licence deals for these cars were probably done months (or maybe years?) ago, so that should be taken into account I guess when looking at the available cars.
I think the Vette that we are getting is at gt3 spec. I still think we will get a surprise like the T125 and have the GT3 Spec 458 also.

I am a complete noob when it comes to gt cars i think i watched a few series when i was like 12ish? but was never a series i got heavily into, now formula one on the other hand....and cart had some really great years back in the day.

Do not really enjoy driving them either though i really want to put some effort into it, but they just don't click for me the way an open wheeler does or a good road car setup to my liking.

So i would not know one from the other if it ran me over even tbh.

I just hope the 458 has some proper mirrors, the mclaren is rubbish due it's lack of one, i know it uses a lcd screen for rear view but the game does not have it and i am loathe to turn on that fake virtual mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%