DiRT Rally New patch performance issues

Anybody got it? I ran high preset before the patch. Now high preset is kinda slow, ultra is a slideshow (while it used to be around 45fps on feeling). Now I'm running medium, and there is still some microstutter every few seconds. Tried it with AMD 15.8 and 15.9.1 drivers, not driver related.

Specs: i5 4460, R9 270X, 8GB RAM

Same issue I have, I still run it on ultra though, as my issues are "only" stuttering, which doesn't really go away whatever setting I choose.

CPU: I7-5820K, 6-core 3,3ghz. Corsair H55 Watercooled.
GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLi OverClocked.
RAM: Crucial DDR4 2133 MHz 16GB

• Deleted member 197115

Stuttering every 2-5 seconds, like micro pauses, not fps related. Game is unpayable at the moment.

There must be a common denominator, for some Dirt Rally runs great others say choppy. nVidia vs AMD, CPU, PC process interference, or game settings....
I didn't change anything after the latest patch, still runs very smooth without any drops under 60 FPS.

Ran 5 stages (quit 4 others) last night smoothly. On two occasions, there was a slowdown for 1/2 a second, followed immediately by a sped up 1/2 second as if to catch up. Didn't affect my results fortunately. AMD.

Mine was perfectly fine before this update, FPS were at 50-60. Now almost unplayable micro stutters every 5 secs or so for about 1 sec not made any changes and FPS still the same.
Can someone help with this please? Also has anyone got a good setup for Nvidia Inspector, (GTX 660 card).
The worst is Finland with the new cars but does it with all cars all tracks.

Mine was perfectly fine before this update, FPS were at 50-60. Now almost unplayable micro stutters every 5 secs or so for about 1 sec not made any changes and FPS still the same.
Can someone help with this please? Also has anyone got a good setup for Nvidia Inspector, (GTX 660 card).
The worst is Finland with the new cars but does it with all cars all tracks.
I experienced pretty much the same thing with my i5 + GTX660. Before the update it was smooth as, after the update lots of microstutters. I've largely alleviated them by switching off antialiasing in-game, and just using FXAA in Nvidia inspector. I also force on triple buffering and max prerendered frames = 1.

I experienced pretty much the same thing with my i5 + GTX660. Before the update it was smooth as, after the update lots of microstutters. I've largely alleviated them by switching off antialiasing in-game, and just using FXAA in Nvidia inspector. I also force on triple buffering and max prerendered frames = 1.
Tried those settings not really made much difference, made graphics a bit weak if anything.

Tried those settings not really made much difference, made graphics a bit weak if anything.
Sorry it didn't help. Personally I can handle a bit of aliasing a bit more than I can handle stuttering, so this is the tradeoff I'm prepared to make!

Microstutters on my system always indicate that the gfx card is being made to work too hard for some reason. So turning down antialiasing, and/or lowering texture settings usually sorts things out. As an absolute last resort I will lower the resolution, but only if all else fails.

Sorry it didn't help. Personally I can handle a bit of aliasing a bit more than I can handle stuttering, so this is the tradeoff I'm prepared to make!

Microstutters on my system always indicate that the gfx card is being made to work too hard for some reason. So turning down antialiasing, and/or lowering texture settings usually sorts things out. As an absolute last resort I will lower the resolution, but only if all else fails.
Needs to be some sort of fix in an update. Already running it on High settings but turning down a few to medium or off as they can cause FPS drop. The GTX660 should be more than capable running this game on these settings.
Any chance you could post your Nvidia Inspector settings please.
AMD Quad core 3.2ghz and 8gb RAM (if this helps).

GTX660 here as well, i'm also having random stutters with High settings, it's like butter smooth 60fps, then suddenly drop to 15 or so...
Running on Ultra is way more stable for some reason, not 60FPS, but at least it's very smooth

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%