New Nvidia 306.23 drivers available. rF2 weird lighting bug returns

Hey all rF2 fans. Hope everyone is enjoying the new F2 car that just came out. Also was excited to see Nvidia finally come out with their new official 306.23 driver. Noticed some improved fps performance in some of my sims and Steam action games. Got 2 x GTX 680 2gb Asus cards in my rig and have been running for some time now the beta 304.79 drivers. Everything ran excellent off of them.

Remember some time back (don't remember which build it was) when the lighting in rF2 would pulsate bright then dim down and just continue doing that? Then with the next build they fixed that bug? Well when I was running the 304.79 drivers, I never experienced that issue. Official 306.23 drivers came out and so I definately wanted to update my drivers to the newest version. Well since doing that, noticed this lighting issue once again.

Sometimes the old saying: "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" really is true.. Did notice some what a increase in performance with these new drivers. Unfortunately came across this bug again.

Anyone update their drivers to 306.23 and notice the same thing. Was using the F2 on Palm Springs and Portugal and was disappointed to get this lighting flashing bright, then dimming down loop situation happening again.

Hope someone can confirm it's just not my PC with this issue.. I use a top notch PC maintenance software called Iobit Advanced System Care which works awesome for cleaning out unwanted registry and fully maintains and defrags your drive to give you optimal performance. So when I deleted the old drivers I deleted the registry for each driver in the Uninstall list before updating to the new drivers.. So I know I did everything right..

Anyways, that's what I came across.. Any help would be appreciated. I can revert back to the 304.79 beta drivers, but i'd prefer to keep these new ones. Even opened up a rF2 profiler using Nvidia Inspector to tweak my GPU settings and that didn't help either..

All right. Take care everyone.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 412 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 280 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 275 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.6%
  • < 5 years