New Netflix F1 Documentary to Air March 8th.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new 10-part Netflix series documenting the 2018 Formula One season will air on the build-up to the 2019 Formula One season start.

Called Formula 1: Drive to Survive, the new Netflix exclusive series looks set to offer a unique behind the scenes insight into the 2018 Formula One racing season.

Aiming to capture the emotion and rivalry from what was a decent year of Grand Prix competition; Drive to Survive will represent one of the first examples of the new and more media savvy attitude of the sports powerbrokers, Liberty Media. With up close and personal action from the teams, drivers, and events of the 2018 season, the new 10-part series has been over a year in the making - made possible by the season long deal access to the allow access to the paddocks of the world to the massively expanding streaming service.

From the producer of the critically acclaimed ‘Senna’, it will be interesting to see how Netflix viewers receive the experiment of creating a series of television shows about the World Championship fight. If the trailer is anything to go by, I suspect it might well be a bit of a hit!

Formula 1: Drive to Survive will debut globally on Netflix March 8th 2019.

For more from the world of Formula One, head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with fellow fans of the top level of open wheel motorsport.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Attachments

• F1 Drive to Survive Trailer.jpg
    F1 Drive to Survive Trailer.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 419
At least it is global release. I still have not seen the 2017 mclaren documentary because amazon had it geoblocked in finland. Probably because we have never had drivers in f1 or at mclaren.. oh wait.... Still I think I'll wait for the reviews before jumping in just in case it is sugar coated too much. The trailer is a bit too hyperbolic for me and focuses too much on reality type drama where only extreme emotions exist. I hope there is a technical perspective in the series as well because those things really made the old f1 documentaries great to watch.

Fascinating.
Showing Verstappen's handbags is predictable; not really the kind of film I'll find interesting if that's what it'll be about. Will give it a chance though, could be more to it than that.

There was a long WIlliams film on BBC this week by the way - haven't seen it all yet.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back