New Netflix docu 'The Gentleman Driver'

I've asked RacingTeamNederland 'gentleman driver' Frits van Eerd (CEO Jumbo) if he will make his film debut in the part II movie/doc.

PS Jumbo also sponsors e.g. Max Verstappen, other great sport athletes and best of all a lot of charity projects.

Really enjoyed this! Watched it last night.

Anyone else seen it? Thoughts? It would seem that WEC needs these drivers to keep going.

They keep things going. They keep the teams running and they keep aspiring pros in the game.

Think of the pro am classes and the silvers that run with them, without these guys do you think there's a place for silvers to hone their craft?

I can write a long post on this topic. They aren't fast, and they are prone to mistakes, but the car count will evaporate without them, just look at world challenge last year.

Think of the pro am classes and the silvers that run with them, without these guys do you think there's a place for silvers to hone their craft?

I can write a long post on this topic. They aren't fast, and they are prone to mistakes, but the car count will evaporate without them, just look at world challenge last year.

There are silvers and silvers - by default young drivers are thrown in the silver bucket, so in the WEC ( and ELMS ) P2 is full of supposedly amateur drivers who're really just too young to have a factory ( or at least paid ) seat yet. On the other hand, this entire documentary shows what GTE-Am is like.

Someone who should know told me Paul would be as fast as Pedro Lamy if they were the same weight... Paul makes a few more mistakes but he is a seriously good driver, the slightly derogatory air around the "gentleman driver" tag does him no justice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back