New Nationwide and New Tire Physics sneak peek

Greg Hill just posted this video showing the new Nationwide and tire physics.

"World premiere video of Dave Kaemmer's revolutionary new tire physics model, shown in action on the soon-to-be-released iRacing.com NASCAR Nationwide car."

Can someone please explain to me what they actually 'see' in that video, that shows how the new tire model is different to what we currently have? I've seen a thread over at iRacing and some folks seem to be drooling over the clip, yet I watch it and just don't get it, lol.

This is a genuine query, and not just me being an arse and trying to be clever or anything, lol.

If they had run the same clip with the current tire model, what differences would I be seeing? I'm just trying to appreciate what the new tire model is going to give us, compared to what we have now.

:)

Yeah its more a promo for the Nationwide car to be honest but a good promo nonetheless, I was kind of expecting a cutaway segment half way through perhaps showing data from how the tyres worked or a 3D model of the tires contact patches, temps, wear etc. We'll all be able to try it Wednesday :)

Yeah its more a promo for the Nationwide car to be honest but a good promo nonetheless, I was kind of expecting a cutaway segment half way through perhaps showing data from how the tyres worked or a 3D model of the tires contact patches, temps, wear etc. We'll all be able to try it Wednesday :)

By wednesday you mean a week this wednesday dont you?

The new car and NTM wont be released with build. It's coming a week later.

the impala is great but where is the mustang,challenger and camry?nascar is not just chevy

But then iRacing would either have to compete with others for the official Nascar license (expensive) or sign a license with each manufacturer increasing costs by 4 times, for development & licensing costs.

iRacing is not a Nascar game and doesn't claim to be. We have Nascar sanctioned events using a digital replica of the Chevrolet Nascar cars (Impala COT, Impala Nationwide & Silverado)

They charge you for every car! They can get a license for every car, and they easily make the money back, so I don't see that it's beyond them to do it if they wish.

There's two ways, 1) They require everyone to purchase all 4 cars (for all 3 top level Nascar series), increasing costs for everyone to enter the series. At $11.95 would you pay $43.02 for the cars to compete? 2) They eventually figure out a way to allow people to race with cars they do not own, where maybe a percentage of people own all 4 cars, most people buy the one car they're interested in so 4x the cost to iRacing while most people buy just the car they want so they don't earn it back

Either way it's not fully sustainable.

no licence for goodyear,where is real data for tires

The teams, in particular JR Motorsports.

If you want a full Nascar game then you're covered by Nascar The Game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back