New My Summer Car Update is Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MSC .jpg

A new build of My Summer Car has been deployed.

Available to download the next time you restart your Steam client, a new build of My Summer Car is here and once again the changelog is worth reading, if just for the awesome comic value alone.

My Summer Car Update Notes:
READ THIS: You do not have full access to the Van and Truck at the beginning of the game. The vehicles now belong to your Uncle, and depending on your progress they become available to you. Eventually you will have a full access. Be creative how to deal with the limitation! You can always pick strawberries :D Old saves should work, but it is always recommended to start a new save because of some current big changes in the game.

• WARNING: Vehicle key-data and BBS telephone number has been reset!
  • WARNING: Your engine part wear values has been reset!
  • Cigarettes now burn also when not inhaling
  • Subsequent store purchases now spawn into separate shopping bags instead of one
  • Removed button operated handbrake feature from Truck and Tractor
  • Added new job where you can share store adverts for Teimo (activates every Friday)
  • Fixed bug with rims spawning back to store if their package was not opened before saving
  • Fixed graphical glitches with the lake
  • Decreased Satsuma high-RPM performance
  • Changed AFR calculations, when you now see your fuel mixture and revs fluctuating it will be hormal
  • Exhaust smoke turns now white if you have failing Head Gasket
  • Default Fleetari discount is now 10%, but you can increase it to 40% if you do the vandalism job
  • Added Fuel Pump wear
  • Changed how the two amis-cars spawn, not every day and every time any more!
  • Fixed/added low fuel -symptoms on every vehicle
  • Reduced Satsuma overheating
  • Added hand throttle to Truck
  • Changed how Truck hydraulic pump operates (pumping efficiency is related to engine RPM)
  • Driving fast without Windshield can lead to bumblebee hitting player's face
  • Added player weight simulation, starting at 79kg
  • Weight now also affects how much you can drink alcohol
  • Added weight scale to second bedroom
  • Cars now have driver and passenger weight simulation
  • Added player head bob, OFF by default
  • Moped has now three different fuel tap positions, and their state is saved
  • Added clutch wear (Thanks Arto!), replacement Clutch Disc can be bought from Fleetari
  • Added removable Inspection Cover to get access to clutch assembly without taking engine out
  • Glove box cannot be opened any more if Rollcage is installed
  • Drunk guy now gets inside Ruscko as well
  • Non-lethal Player status bars won't turn red any more
  • Added "kuski" that spawns at the Dancehall on Saturdays
  • Van and Truck are now owned by player's Uncle, and there is no more full access at game beginning
  • Added game Ending and related story content
  • Masked out bolts from engine that should not be accessed through other parts
  • Sleeping in a vehicle, breaking a windshield and opening a shopping bag now require holding down a button for 2 seconds
Image Credit: DISASTERS MASTERS - Steam

My Summer Car is available exclusively for PC.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Just remember that the parts spawn in **** condition and after you get it running you have to get cash to dismantle it and buy the brand new parts.
Thanks, that is good to know. In your experience, are new parts better than refurbished?

I got the fan belt and fluids, now just need to go get the wheels. Uncle what's-his-name is nowhere to be found, so it's a bit tough to get around. That, and things like dying from neglecting to relieve myself are making the game hilarious and aggravating at the same time.

Thanks, that is good to know. In your experience, are new parts better than refurbished?

I got the fan belt and fluids, now just need to go get the wheels. Uncle what's-his-name is nowhere to be found, so it's a bit tough to get around. That, and things like dying from neglecting to relieve myself are making the game hilarious and aggravating at the same time.
The new bought parts will always have better condition than the refurbished. And you can also buy them on the spot instead of waiting for fleetari to tell you. However the obvious issue is that it takes too long to get the cash to do that and now since you dont have the van permanently with you, until you win the Ruscko (the shitty wagon that you win by playing Ventii) you will be left without a vehicle. Also when setting the engine you CAN overthighten the fan belt which will cause the fanbelt to wear much faster and if you dont have the camshaft aligned with the crankshaft the engine will blow.

[QUOTE = "David Mann, post: 2972239, miembro: 396034"] Gracias, es bueno saberlo. Según su experiencia, ¿las piezas nuevas son mejores que las renovadas?

Tengo la correa del ventilador y los fluidos, ahora solo necesito ir a buscar las ruedas. El tío, ¿cómo se llama? No se encuentra en ninguna parte, por lo que es un poco difícil moverse. Eso, y cosas como morir por descuidar el alivio me hacen el juego hilarante y agravante al mismo tiempo. [/ QUOTE]
La abuela te llamara pidiendo leche, azucar y salchichas llevaselas y luego veras la furgoneta azul en la casa del tio Blue, toca a la puerta y te dara las llaves.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 239 14.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%