MGP19 New MotoGP 19 Update Available Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 19 Updated.jpg

A new patch for MotoGP 19 has been released.

Ok folks fair warning, the notes connected to the new MotoGP 19 update will take some time to read - so get yourself a drink, find a comfortable spot to rest up, turn off the TV and prepare to settle down for a long read...

MotoGP 19 Update Notes:
  • Graphics – Minor fixes on rainy skies
  • Audio – Fixed audio in first person

See - told you it was a large one!

Jokes aside, despite the spectacularly short and hilariously vague changelog from the latest build, it is indeed still another welcome shift in the right direction for what is undoubtedly a very promising bike racing title from Milestone S.r.l.

Although only two lines in length, the developers did elaborate slightly in the initial update post - explaining to fans in a little more detail about the latest improvements that have been deployed to the official game of the 2019 MotoGP season:

After the hot races of this past summer nights, we are warming up the engines for a new update. Today’s patch adds important updates for some of the issues you recently reported to us.

The first aspect considered were graphics. In fact, we have fixed the sky graphics for certain tracks in rainy weather. Then we focused on audio and, as requested by many of you, we finally addressed the audio problems in the first-person view.

Furthermore, we are working on important improvements for all Nintendo Switch players; in the next few days, a new patch will be released, with lots of new updates for you to discover.

The new build is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC with Nintendo Switch expected to land in the coming days.

Check out the MotoGP 19 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and community discussion about the game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Is it any good? I’ve never played a bike sim, and know nothing about Moto GP, but it might make a change. Do you play with a wheel or what?
I can't imagine playing with a wheel would be a good experience for a bike sim. Controller seems to be the peripheral of choice for most players when it comes to bike games. You could also get a bike like the arcades, but that would take up quite a lot of space.

I can imagine playing a bike sim with a wheel.
I Ride 3 and Motogp19 with my steering wheel.
ALERT, imagination required: If you limit the wheel to 110 degrees, you can only tilt.
55 degrees of lean, 55 degrees of tilt...

But NO, obviously you'd use a controller, just like in real life :O_o:

No, of course...
Although... I have to admit even I own G27, I use my trusty Logitech 3D to ride a bike.
I have tried wheel for it but
1) I didn't use smaller degrees than my wheel is on default (450 I believe) so my experience wasn't that great, didn't have control really, it feels way too slow.
2) to be completely honest... I would hate to broke my wheel playing another 3-4 moto games I have. L 3D are MUCH cheaper you know. Actually... I have 3 of them. Or four, didn't count them recently. :D
I have standard gamepad controller but somehow couldn't force myself to drive with it. I use it for sport games like Madden, NBA, FIFA,..

So you call that - a realistic ?
Marquez goes 65 degrees and more !!!
You need to recalibrate your wheel again mate.
:D
The reality is that even at 65° lean angle, the handlebars aren't turned more than 5 - 7°
Though one of those arcade bike sims would be awesome if there were some way to truly replicate the balance characteristics of a motorcycle. It'd probably become an adequate bike sim.

Yeah, ok but our wheel turn (or joystick or... whatever) simulates leaning of the rider + turning the wheel, right ? Correct me if I'm wrong but in MotoGP series there's no button/axis for rider movement left/right ? It does have for front/back, so...
You can't have two separate axis for turning and leaning.

So we should move our wheel (or...) to 5-7 degrees and lean in your chair for realism purposes, right ? :D
Something like this:
moto-simulador-1-1.jpg

LeanGP_03_0.jpg

looks pretty silly. I mean, yes... C00l.
:rolleyes::D

Yeah, ok but our wheel turn (or joystick or... whatever) simulates leaning of the rider + turning the wheel, right ? Correct me if I'm wrong but in MotoGP series there's no button/axis for rider movement left/right ? It does have for front/back, so...
You can't have two separate axis for turning and leaning.

So we should move our wheel (or...) to 5-7 degrees and lean in your chair for realism purposes, right ? :D
Something like this:
moto-simulador-1-1.jpg

LeanGP_03_0.jpg

looks pretty silly. I mean, yes... C00l.
:rolleyes::D
Leaning and turning are combined into one axis in MotoGP, I wish they'd done the lean axis like MXGP though.

The reality is that even at 65° lean angle, the handlebars aren't turned more than 5 - 7°
Though one of those arcade bike sims would be awesome if there were some way to truly replicate the balance characteristics of a motorcycle. It'd probably become an adequate bike sim.

Another thing is the handlebars are turned the opposite direction to lean. I wish someone would make a controller and a realistic physics including the counter steer, but doubt it will happen.

Can't play this game since the patch before. Impossible to move in the menu, so impossible to launch a race. The controller, or the keybard, can only go up and down. Is there anybody who had this pb and solved it ? Milestone knows the pb but doesn't seem to hurry to fix it...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%